Thread: Generator
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-23, 09:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Re: Generator

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
I think it's more of a "I want XP for predicting that the generator was going to be attacked" thread.

And about as realistically as possible, it's already in-game. It's called, TR guy guards the generator. NC guy shows up with a Decimator. TR guy caps him in the face. TR guy gets XP.
But if the TR guy cares about XP (and thus, it's an appropriate reward), he would have gotten twenty times as much by following the zerg around and letting the NC guy cap the quiet base instead of sitting around, guarding the generator.

I can understand if you consider this an acceptable pattern of behavior, and believe that zergs wandering around until they clash yields a fun game. However, to claim that the one kill's worth of xp is a reward for defending a generator, which probably entails staring at an empty generator room (or swinging by an empty generator room every minute in your patrol loop of an empty base) for, say, an hour?

Wow, that's time well spent, man, this reward makes me feel so validated for doing it.