PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Impending Magrider Nerf.
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-25, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Chewy
Major

Re: The Impending Magrider Nerf.

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
Off-topic: The problem with Scattermaxes, as I see it, is that they are only good at close range they are however also too good at close range. This becomes a problem in areas like the Bio Lab where it outperforms other MAX's. It's a problem with base design forcing players into very tight quarters in order to cap a point.
They should have given it different chokes to better balance it for different ranges, or just gone with an HMG design instead of going with the shotgun. Shotguns are a bitch to balance properly when only one faction has them, when it comes to MAX's.
Kinda agree. Always said that shotguns aren't my thing for them having limited ammo and range. Id trade them for a HMG the moment another SC sale comes or if they are cheap on certs. Far to often I find myself needing to fight a ranged battle when using shotguns and get killed or run out of ammo. Had a shotgun on my NC engie for a long time now and he's a beast indoors, but SHIT outside. Even with slugs a shotgun is crap at range. Getting the weapon with the under-slung smoke ASAP once my certs get there.

Slugs (for the Mauler) take 3 shots to kill. They have an insane drop to them and only have tracers for ever other shot, plus the COF is horrid if you're not ducked and sitting still. Not even going to bring the recoil into this. The best I can do with slugs is from tower landing pads to the tower tops. Any more and no being able to see half of the shots makes me sniper bait with the time needed to line up, fire and make the 3 shots needed.

No game in my opinion does shotguns right. I see a shotgun as a shock weapon. Crap for armor (shields and MAXes unless it's slugs) but flesh stands no chance. Put them on their asses up to 45m away depending on the weapon. It's like all games use Birdshot instead of Buckshot.