PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Impending Magrider Nerf.
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-25, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Aveox
Private

Re: The Impending Magrider Nerf.

Originally Posted by ShadetheDruid View Post
Closing the gap on Magriders to ensure more hits is a terrible strategy, that's why no one does it. It's just free hits for the Magriders, since all the while your aim is going to be thrown off by the movement of the tank. That's why Vanguards and Prowlers (and Lightnings, for that matter) sit still to fire, there's no other way to do it.

Not that there's not a lot of bad tank drivers out there, but that's not why.
Maybe that is the difference then: When I drive my Lightning I never stop. Ever. I'm always moving unless I'm dead or reloading. And while the view does bounce around a lot, it hasn't stopped me from landing shots.

Magriders don't like up close and personal confrontations. I sure don't. So when you force me to move (and I do mean move, not simple strafing to dodge shells) that saron will rattle around just as much as your main gun and is next to useless. Stay at range, and I will stabilize my tank to allow my gunner the best shot possible. Any hits with the main gun are a bonus. In situations like that the Mag behaves exactly as the PS1 version actually.

But whatever floats your boat I guess.