PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Higby Outlines this Months Patch
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-09, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #107
Assist
Contributor
Major

Re: Higby Outlines this Months Patch

Originally Posted by Bobby Shaftoe View Post
More applicable to the Devs than one bitter vet, seeing as how they've pretty much ignored months of suggestions/ideas from the passionate community.

You can search pretty much any 'bitter vet' postings on PSU and you'll see them calling out every problem the game has right now, before they even got to play the game.

Pray tell, what exactly was their original plan, release the game, go quiet after a month, watch pops plummet, then fix spawncamping 2 months after release?

PS1 had the majority of its 'meta' (horribly misused word) elements in for release, base linked benefits and 2 new vehicles were added within 2 months of PS1s release. They are STILL WORKING ON THE BASICS for PS2 in comparison.

Anyone credulous enough to think they'll unfuck PS2 (since they're all down to Dev decisions) in any sort of reasonable time (as in 6 months) should probably get checked out but before that, I've got some prime real-estate I'd like to sell to you.
I was going to make a big post refuting your comments, but I realized some people are a lost cause and would rather be miserable SOBs than enjoy themselves in a game.
All I will say is, some of the PS1 vets here remind me of 8-track junkies. You can claim how great PS1 was, and how it was the bestest thing ever, but the truth is it failed, flopped, and finally died off due to the fact that more people post on these forums daily than played PS1 on the average day.