PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Chinese Interview with John Smedley
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-09, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #234
Lokster
Staff Sergeant

Re: Chinese Interview with John Smedley

F2P with no box sale = hackers. Bottom line. I don't care what kind of dedicated "team" or "technology" they have. When you make a game entirely free it BEGS for hackers to come and ruin it.

I assure you, hackers will try to hack PS2 and they will succeed. And they all know, when they get banned, they can wash their hands -- tweak their bot -- make a new account and be back in less than an hour. Hacking again. Especially with the recent court ruling regarding HWID bans, 3rd party anti-cheat companies and online games.

Everyone knows, with little to no knowledge you can change your IP and MAC Address in 3 minutes and circumvent a ban.

Also, I can't wait to sit in queues for hours at a time, waiting for a bunch of F2P groupie, leechers to finish playing. Furthermore, I can't wait to be the one who buys the "not powerful" weapons and armor to support the game so everyone else can play it for free.

And I don't even feel like getting into the types of people F2P games attract. PS will go from the best community of gamers around to a community equivalent to the APB player base. Which is less than lacking.

F2P = FAIL.

/end rant

PS. Disregard the above wall of text if playing the game requires a box purchase.

Last edited by Lokster; 2011-09-09 at 12:03 PM.