PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-14, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Re: Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

Thanks for coming over here and looking for smaller-scale feedback! I prefer these forums knowing I can write a lot more here and more people will actually read and understand it, and it won't get lost in the mass of posts.

1. Engineer has no ability, must drop ammo manually, takes several seconds to appear and difficult to place...
Solutions I've seen proposed: Bind ammo pack to F as ability with cooldown (like Charge on a MAX) and drop it like Mines or C4 unless game mechanics would interfere horribly with that.

2. Not being able to spawn where the fight is. This is a big one for me because I try to do defense, and when I redeploy to defend another facility I often find myself not able to get there. This is because outposts are prioritized over main spawn rooms far too much (I'd rather take a main spawn room over any outpost spawns in most cases). The perfect thing would be to have access to...
>All spawns in zone
>All spawns within 500m of death
>All main spawns in adjacent areas
>3 "Reinforcements needed" spawns that appear in different areas (preferably those owned by YOUR faction so you can defend them) and never, ever focusing on outposts like they do now. Also, unless "reinforcements needed" are the same for everyone across the continent, add a mechanism by which spawns do not get listed twice and a player playing where reinforcements are needed gets an additional spawn option.

Flying up to a tower vehicle terminal from below (from stair or vehicle pad) as LA and then pressing E before landing while facing the terminal... sometimes drags you through the teleporter and pops you out the top. Forcing you to run down again.

With deployment near squad leader, sometimes when respawning you get the option to respawn at the point nearest to him/her... and sometimes you don't. Which leads me to look for my squad leader on the minimap, which if dots are clustered too tightly takes a few seconds of spot-the-1. Maybe allow special tracking of squad and platoon leaders?

Pressing more than a few buttons at the same time tends to confuse the game. While pressing forward and tab (checking alert/score/players in vicinity while in a vehicle) I can also press Right to turn my vehicle right... but cannot press left to turn it left. Which is weird. This is also for trying to turn on FPS counter while running... it doesn't work, too many buttons, gotta stop and let go of some of the keys for it to work. :?

When securing a facility from enemy capture, if the enemy capture bar has started filling up and the owners have resecured the CP majority, as long as the bar is "owned" by the enemy (more than halfway capped), no capture completion timer will be displayed on it.
(At least this was so the last time I checked.)

Instant death in restricted zones needs to go away. I'm already taking periodic damage, adding an instant death after a certain time spent inside feels a little cheap if you're focused on maintaining your health while in the field (which will be at 50% anyway and require effort and concentration to keep there). I'm all for staying with simple pain fields, crap like this never made Planetside 1.

I'll be sure to think of more.