Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-21, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #617
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: Religion

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
Tonight, I watched a movie called Paul
Awesome movie. When it first came out a bunch of religious people jumped online because they were offended. You seem to have taken it better.

What I can't understand is why, through the absolute logic and purity of knowledge... Reading these forums.. understanding and accepting what others have said... truly trying to believe that I am wrong.... Why do I still feel I am right?
I imagine it's an emotional connection. Read this first. It presents a theory that is very old. The longer a person does something the harder it is for them to quit. Habits and ideologies can get ingrained into one's thought patterns and even with all the proof in the world they can't reconcile the problems. In that article he talks about people who went through such situations like you might be experiencing.
I am very easily influenced in life.
This can be a big part of it also. Some people are extremely skeptical while others tend to believe things they are told. This can be as simple as reading something in the news. Some people believe whatever they read from one media source. Others get skeptical and will look for secondary sources until they are satisfied. Not sure what causes one or the other.