PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Road map and why it doesnt work!
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-04, 05:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
SwiftRanger
Private

Re: The Road map and why it doesnt work!

SOE aren't mainly looking at the voting (as that gives a wrong image for all kinds of reasons) but at why people like or dislike something. They want feedback and some of the stuff players have posted in those threads are actually really good. Lots of silliness as well of course but the developers at least initiated the right discussions imo and they have proven they're willing to implement good player suggestions. If you would actually check the Road Map you'd also see it's pretty much what PS1 vets want that is on top.

I am in an Outfit myself but to claim that only outfit members should have a right to say what's important to the game or how the game should shape itself isn't right. It's even a form of elitism that might be the downfall of PlanetSide 2 on one day.

There are loads of folks playing on their own as they don't want to be bound to anyone or anything (definitely not only BR1's btw). Even though the game "should" be played in another way, you need to respect their playing style. Also don't overestimate Outfit populations, their willingness to provide a friendly player environment, let alone their ability of coming up with decent suggestions for the future of PS2. As for politics; you will always have those in a PvP-centric game.

And as others have said: SOE is in charge. Players don't know the development side of the game. PS2 isn't EVE, not even close. SOE is off to a much better start than CCP ever had all those years ago. The Road Map is great, there aren't many companies willing to reveal so much so early and let the community vent their opinion on it. It'll get fleshed out, I am sure.

Last edited by SwiftRanger; 2013-02-04 at 05:29 AM.