PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Spawn Room Shield Changes
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-25, 05:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Re: Spawn Room Shield Changes

Boy, a lotta people who don't read their patch release notes (or peruse PSU) are in for one whale of a surprise...

With all respects to Wahoo and others, it *is* a step in the right direction... that absolutely demands several more in fairly rapid succession. Outpost spawn shields need a way to be taken down. And EVERYTHING needs to be made more defensible. This calls for better layout -- not handwaves like magic spawn shields, sky domes, or other baloney. There's already been so much painstaking time and effort put into this topic; so many informed discussions, complete with illustrations....

Leaving aside the outposts for a moment: Without causing a gigantic pain in the dev-neck in the form of wholesale base redesign, how do you make the SCU in the major bases more defensible? By base type?

Only thing I can think of is to put a couple spawn tubes in small armored phone booths near the SCU itself. And the spawn-outhouse itself has to stop being this open construct and start resembling a small bunker. Two doors max. Keep the one-way shields active on the windows, and narrow them so they resemble rifle slits. Some of the base spawns have upper stories -- okay, so stick some spawn tubes up there too so we can have these raging-ass indoorsy battles.

(Also: The fact that spawn tubes are now destructible is a major, MAJOR game-changer. Not only do we once again get the fierce joy of gunning the bastards in their tubes, but they can stick those things ANYWHERE -- and they should. Once more, infiltrators will have something to do. Multiple destructible spawn points FTW!)

EDIT: Uh... they *are* destructible, aren't they? Or are they going to let the campers run riot? Or does it merely shut off both shields *and* tubes? which would be lame and boring? I haven't played in about a week.

Last edited by Rivenshield; 2013-06-25 at 06:09 PM.