PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PlanetSide 2 Empire-Specific Weapon Equivalents Spreadsheet
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-27, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: PlanetSide 2 Empire-Specific Weapon Equivalents Spreadsheet

Originally Posted by psijaka View Post
Good work.

I was a bit confused about the reference to Alpha squad sniper (LA80 for NC). This is availabel to non alpha members (I bought it with SC), and it would probably be better described as a high velocity bolt action.

Also, are you going to add the AV MAX weapons?
Thanks for the props.

I listed all weapons that came with Alpha Squad as "Alpha Squad ____" as a means of categorizing them and their equivalents. All of them are in fact available to non-alpha squad members, but they were awarded with the package to those who bought it so it was an easy way to draw comparisons.

I started describing most items as "high ROF" or "high mag" or "quick reload" or something like that but I began to realize that between the three empires the guns that are in fact equivalent in cost and similar in scope are not always going to have a high stat of the same amount. Some of the equivalents are even "untraditional" stats for the given empire, if you will, where as for NC the gun might be high ROF, for VS the gun might be high damage, and for TR the gun might have a small magazine but benefit elsewhere. That said, I stuck mostly to easy categories like Default/Alpha Squad/New items that were released together and most of the rest fell into cost categories.

As for the AV MAX weapons, there is only one (other than the Burster which is common pool) for each empire and you get one arm as Default, so that's an easy one, but you are right -- I should have thrown that line in there. Will add it now, thanks.