Thread: Generator
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-24, 07:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Re: Generator

Originally Posted by kaffis View Post
But if the TR guy cares about XP (and thus, it's an appropriate reward), he would have gotten twenty times as much by following the zerg around and letting the NC guy cap the quiet base instead of sitting around, guarding the generator.

I can understand if you consider this an acceptable pattern of behavior, and believe that zergs wandering around until they clash yields a fun game. However, to claim that the one kill's worth of xp is a reward for defending a generator, which probably entails staring at an empty generator room (or swinging by an empty generator room every minute in your patrol loop of an empty base) for, say, an hour?

Wow, that's time well spent, man, this reward makes me feel so validated for doing it.
Nobody's forcing you to do anything. But when you can come up with a suitable algorithm and coding method for predicting a living player's actions and detecting the brainwaves of those who predicted said actions and thus can aptly reward them, to say nothing of predicting hundreds or thousands of them, then you sir will win at the internets. Until then, just play the game Sally.

Originally Posted by Traak View Post
Or better yet, make it so bases have no generators and people can pre-choose what they spawn with, so they can spawn anywhere in the SOI like people do in the AMS SOI, and do away with tubes. THEN people would have to kill enemies, not gens or bases.
Yes let's make this game like every other e-sports shooter with their 10-15min matches, 32-man maps, and mindless run-and-gun grindfest.