PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Generator
Thread: Generator
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-24, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
wildcat140679
Sergeant

Re: Generator

The topic has some what mutated in to experience rewards for defending strategic base object/location like the generator and get rewarded for doing so. This off topic discussion might be better of having it's thread of it's own.

As much as I might like receiving a reward for my time spend down in the generator room or sitting in the corridor with my gun trained on the back door, I don't believe it's the right thing to do. For some might be dedicated in defending it, but many might be out for some easy experience while the went afk for a smoke or what ever the do while afk.

Instead of rewarding experience points, how about if you would over time slowly accumulate an experience multiplier, that can only be cashed if a kill is scored within or within the vicinity of that key location you have been guarding in.

Based on strategic importance and on how frequent enemies will pass through that area an experience multiplier accumulation rate and a maximum can be set and based on. But other factors might also be useful to weight in like number of enemies with in the SOI

For example, back door guarding, over a period of 10 minutes you experience multiplier will increase to a maximum of 200%. killing an enemy after 5 minutes with in the vicinity of the back door would rewards you with 50% more onto op an usual kill reward. Enemies try to break to the back door quite frequently, so you often don't have to wait very long to cash in your guarding reward.

But guarding the generator on the other hand, isolated deep with in the base can be a long wait before enemy makes its way to it, that is, if the make it to the generator at all. After 10 minutes guarding your experience multiplier could be 800% maxing the next kill 8x its usual value, if an enemy does show up, it's a very rewarding kill.

Going out of this key location for to long will cause this multiplier to rapidly decay to zero or rest back to zero. But it should be long enough to run to the closest equipment terminal and back again, and have some time to spare.

Even if no one shows up, the thought of being rewarded if the enemy does show up, will be more appealing for "active" guarding players.

I'm assume afk experience multiplier harvester, will have a much harder time cashing this reward for you need to kill something and those active are more likely to land the killing blow.

Last edited by wildcat140679; 2011-02-24 at 02:17 PM.