PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: The Lightning First Look! [[Updated] Images]]
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-28, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #232
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Re: The Lightning First Look! [[Updated] Images]]

Originally Posted by outsider View Post
I get that Version 2 is the love child of the lightning and the skyguard, it’s just a shame that while she’s got dad’s name, she’s also got mum’s nose... poor thing.
At least she also got moms knockers to drop those aircraft like flies.

Wait, I'm a pilot. What am I saying?

Seriously though, I loved tank hunting in Planetside, but while MBTs felt like a worthy prey, Lightnings always felt like cheap kills. Sneaking on on Skyguards on the other hand was a load of fun and felt even more rewarding to successfully kill (or heavily wound more often) than any MBT.

Now that tanks have a weak spot on the back, I feel that this will probably be pretty balanced. I'll still have a shot at sneaking up on the occasional skyguard turreted Lightning, but for the most part I'll have to give them a wide birth.

Cheap kill gone, it will be nice to mostly be going after MBTs. Now I'll just have to see how hard it is to attack an MBT with an AA gunner turret equipped. Hopefully not everyone will be running with them, and hopefully it's pretty easy to visually spot which ones are. Maybe something like advanced targeting will help with that.