PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Subscription, One time payment, or both?
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-23, 11:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Noivad
Master Sergeant

Re: Subscription, One time payment, or both?

Originally Posted by Pollo Jack View Post

And Novaid, itsn't that a bit much on things to pay for?

Not for uniqueness -

I think emblems are fine and all, but paying for a new one every time. Tossing in custom made logos with logos that no one else can use it a little hard to enforce. What is to keep someone from changing a color, adding a few pixels, or putting another empires initials on top?

Images are intelectual property, so are company logos, If an image is not public domain, then it is unlawful for someone to use it. And My images would be very uniquie. Thats the point. That is customization.

I'm sure that SOE can do something like eve - online and make a standard customized logo element that can be chosen for different corps. But alliances in eve have one of the kind logos.

I would also suggest straying from pay to organize. Teamwork is a much larger advantage than anything else in a game like Planet Side.
Team work in this game is the reason I play Planetside. But i like organized game play by Outift, not just a bunch of people who get together for a one time battle.

But I would gladly support SOE with money, a fee to get additional tools that would make it easier for me as a OL to reward my outfit members, recongnize them amonst their peers, and Organize them in a way that the Military does it. thats what I'm willing to pay for if SOE does not put it into the F2P format.

"There is NO "I" in Teamwork"

DOG SLOGAN - "It's not the size of the DOG in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the DOG"

DOG BATTLE CRY - " Cry 'Havoc,' and Let Slip The DOG's OF War. "

And Hamma I see the VS and the NC have infiltrated your board. So the TR will have to kill them all and make them the yellow bastards they are