PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - H1Z1 and the cannibalization of Planetside 2
View Single Post
Old 2014-04-10, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Edfishy
Staff Sergeant

Re: H1Z1 and the cannibalization of Planetside 2

It all depends on whether H1Z1 was made by staff who were supposed to be working on PS2. You know... pulling a Gearbox?

My hunch is that PS2 devs have more than certainly "donated" time to develop of H1Z1, and the mention of PS2's team "hiring" and maintaining the "largest team" is in regards to the PS4 conversion crew (an excellent little politician-worthy obfuscation).

H1Z1 ultimately represents a way to help pay off PS2's $25 development debt though, and so aside from the fact that PS2's Beta 2.0 is slowed down a little (You can't tell me the terrain designer they hired to make the H1Z1 landscape couldn't have been working on Searhus), I think in the long run it's what keeps executives above Smedley from pulling the plug on PS2.

The PlayStation 4 launch of PS2 must go off without a hitch since it's the last great marketing push they can do to get PS2 back in the black. If H1Z1 helps prevent them from rushing it like they did with PS2's PC launch I think H1Z1 will be nothing but a benefit to PS2. ^^