PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Smedley - "Planetside 2 2.0 in September"
View Single Post
Old 2015-10-23, 04:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
Mordelicius
Major

Re: Smedley - "Planetside 2 2.0 in September"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/...coming_to_pts/

Amp Station Benefit
Amp station will give facility turrets the ability to fire three times as long before overheating; it also gives facility turrets the ability to auto repair at a rate of 0 to full in three minutes.
Bio Lab Benefit
Biolab benefit will act just like Implant Regen 2 while in friendly territory (huge heal buff) and will over ride implant regen 1 & 2 while active (no stacking). Implant 3 & 4 effects will over ride the Bio Lab benefit at all times. MAX's are not healed by Biolab benefit.
Hossin Benefit
MAX cost reduction has been removed, Hossin will now provide vehicle/aircraft repairs at friendly ammo towers/pads.
Note;
We are still on the fence about whether or not these changes will make in to Live in next week’s planned victory condition update
Interesting start (many say this reflects PS1?) especially with the new Victory Conditions. Hopefully (eventually) they can put forth a more robust system of interrelated facility benefits. I suggested: http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...702#post960702

Instead they can implement something that can help the overall longevity of faction warfare

Example: last year I've suggested Stolen Tech Cert lines ( I can't seem to find the post...)

A player can use an enemy faction's gear so long as they are certed in that particular branch AND your faction is holding the appropriate facilities

Requirement: NC controls 3 Indar Biolabs + 1 Tech Plant + NC player has certed into VS Max Stolen Tech Cert tree
Temporary Benefit: NC Player in Indar can pull VS Maxes (with NC color scheme) as long as the requirements are met.

Requirement: NC in Indar controls 3 Tech plant + 1 Amp station + NC player certed into TR MBT Stolen Tech tree
Temporary Benefit : NC player in Indar can pull NC colored Prowlers as long as the requirements are met.

Many base combinations can be tied to a specific Empire-Specific Stolen Tech lines. (If the Devs wish, they can use a more complex system of allowing blueprints/components carried/installed to and from facilities).

What's the value of the Stolen Tech Tree?
- High level Cert sink (totally separate from owning other Empire characters)
- Giving bases meaning and benefits.
- Players will queue to beneficial continent so they can pull a stolen tech gear. PS2 Devs like continental queue since it gives priority to premium members.
- Rewards faction loyalist. Before, all players are encouraged to use all 3 factions so SOE (DBG) can sell their gear 3x. But what about a one-empire-only players (such as myself). We can invest on the Stolen Tech cert lines.

An NC loyalist can fully cert towards any Vanu or TR Stolen Tech Cert trees. This is a much better alternative to just destroying any semblance of faction identity and any faction-based warfare derived from it.

In summary: Want access to enemy faction empire specific gears? Cert into Stolen Tech trees and capture pertinent bases.