PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Questions for Pro7
View Single Post
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-08-02, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #131
Brollywood
PlanetSide 2
EU Prod. Manager

Re: Questions for Pro7

Alright folks, here's a compilation of answers to your questions from earlier in the thread. Sorry it took so long to come back with these! Some have perhaps already been answered by those who have been playing DCUO recently, but I thought I would include these anyway:

Basti –
Question: Can we still contact SOE support or will be told to contact ProSiebenSat.1 Games as SOE cannot help us?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Answer: All support and technical issues will be handled by ProSiebenSat.1 Games, in collaboration with SOE.

Question: We will no longer be able to buy station cash and will have to buy ProSiebenSat.1 Games deutsche marks or whatever they have. If I were to buy some ProSiebenSat.1 Games currency can I spend it on a weapon/attachment/camo etc on the US server?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Answer: Regardless of what server you are playing on you will have access to European marketplace with SevenCash currency if you are playing from Europe and logging in with a ProSiebenSat.1 Games account. If you log in from the US with a Station Account you will access the US marketplace with Station Cash currency.

Question: In the event that the partnership between SOE and ProSiebenSat.1 Games comes to an end what guarantee do we have that our accounts will be transferred back over? In Planetside 2 my account will contain all my stats, unlocked weapons (some that I may have paid for) and of course my characters that I will have spent a long time building up. I would like a guarantee that if the relationship does go south then all my hard work will not be for nothing.
Answer: Anything that happens to your character (unlocks, purchases etc.) while you are playing with a ProSiebenSat.1 Games account will remain safe, even should the deal end.

Maskedskull –
Question: Are cash shop items going to be comparatively the same price as the SOE store?
Answer: Yes.

Question: Will the items and content on both stores be identical?
Answer: For the most part, yes, but in the future there may be slight differences in offerings to coincide with different events in Europe and US etc, although nothing is planned there at the moment.

unAimed –
Question: How is it ensured that anti-cheating efforts are working on the same level here in comparison to the u.s.? (and please don't take a "we will do our best blahblah pr speak blahblah" as an answer ;-) )
Answer: We will do our best blah blah…just kidding -

Cheating affects PlanetSide 2 as a whole, globally, so the anti-cheating efforts in PlanetSide 2 will be dealt at the SOE dev level. That being said, we will also be continually observing everything from our end as well. We have a zero tolerance policy on cheating in PlanetSide 2.

Question: Will the server hardware be the same (at least performance wise) as in the u.s.?
Answer: Yes, the servers are provided and operated by SOE.

Question: Has ProSiebenSat.1 Games any say in the pricing of items?
Answer: We do, yes, but we’ve chosen the option of keeping the prices as close as possible. Generally speaking, prices for game content, in-game items and services will remain similar. Please note that currency conversions and local economic conditions may affect pricing.

Question: Will there be a delay for patches? If yes how long?
Answer: There will be no delay.

IgloGlass –
Question: Who will train the customer service people? (SOE has very good customer service in my opinion)
Answer: We will be working extremely closely with SOE in the training of our staff so we will be able to provide customer support with the level of service you are accustomed to.

Question: Will SOE have full control over servers other than maintenance?
Answer: Yes, SOE will continue to host and manage the European servers.

Question: Will English customer service be provided by Germans?
Answer: European players will be provided with support and customer service in their own respective language, including English, French, Italian, Spanish, and German. We have native speakers for these languages.

Question: Will ProSiebenSat.1 Games hire enough people?
Answer: Yes, we have hired and will continue to hire as many people as required to maintain a high level of customer service & support.

-derito
Question: Could the European community as a whole have to deal with german violence censorship ?
Answer: The age rating for both PEGI and USK is something that’s in process right now, but let me say this – there’s nothing that we’ve seen in the game that we believe would warrant any censorship. As soon as we know more on our age ratings in Europe you’ll be the first to know!

-Wakken
Question: Why should we, the European community trust you. You got very bad reputation (from what I've heard) and the games you host are mostly pay2win, crappy games. Why should we trust you with our accounts and details. Why should we expect any decent service from you with SOE's games. How can Europe get a sense of security from you of what have happened to us several times before - the European hosts completely screw their playerbase over. In my case the GOA - Mythic - Warhammer online incident.
Answer: Trust isn’t something that’s easily won. We’re aware of that. I can’t simply say “Hey, trust us, come on” either, that being said – Hey, trust us, come on!

Seriously, we know we have to earn your trust by showing you that we care about you guys, about PlanetSide 2 and about our partners SOE and all the awesome games we will be hosting. All I can say is that we’re aware of the sheer quality of PlanetSide 2 and the SOE games, and the mammoth task that running these games entails and the company has ramped up in a big, big way to handle these games and your expectations.

Question: Will there be the same out of game options as SoE will have? and will they work the same way?
Answer: Yes, we’re planning for European players to make use of the out of game options such as stats pages & the data feeds in the same way as US players.

Question: Will the pricing per item be the same as the US shop prices?
Answer: The in-game pricing in SevenCash will be as close to the US prices in Station Cash as possible yes, although there will obviously be some differences in the pricing of the SevenCash top-ups to account for exchange rates.

Question: Can we use the same account for US and European servers?
Answer: Yes, you will use the same ProSiebenSat.1 Games account to log-in. You will then simply choose which server you want to play on and create your character there.

-Sylphaen
Question: Similarly, will release in European countries be delayed by the preparation of localized clients ? (you know, the whole "every label is to be translated into 58 languages")
Answer: There won’t be a delay in European countries for preparation of localised clients, no.

-TheGlump
Question: As ProSiebenSat.1 Games accounts can access US servers, can SOE accounts access European servers?
Answer: Yes.

Question: If so what cash shop and currency will they use there. (basically same question thats already here but backward)
Answer: If you log in with a Station Account from the US you will pay with Station Cash and will access the US marketplace, regardless of which server you choose. If you log in from Europe with a ProSiebenSat.1 Games account you will always access the European marketplace with SevenCash.

Question: Will you provide same data feed as US servers for third party applications
Answer: Yes, this is definitely a priority for us, as it’s an important part of the PlanetSide 2 package!

Question: Will there be language specific servers or only international?
Answer: We will offer international servers but we will continue to evaluate the demand for language specific servers going forward.

-TR Oakley
Question: Will Region IP locking be used to ensure European players use ProSiebenSat.1 Games accounts over US accounts?
Answer: Yes. But remember, all your character data is still stored on the SOE side, you’re simply changing the “method of connection” to that data. You will still have the option to access the US servers by logging in with your ProSiebenSat.1 Games account.

I know these aren't all your questions answered but, well, I had to save some for Basti!