PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: PAX Future of Online Games Panel
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-10, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Stardouser
Colonel

Re: PAX Future of Online Games Panel

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Well its F2P, so make them play when it comes out. No reason not to try it with this being the case.

I don't see anything wrong with the armor, I personally love it.

Sounds like they are more worried about the actual cosmetic side, not the actual future mechanics.

Warp gates I don't really get the issue there. There is different maps. Would they rather hop in a C-130 and travel for 5 minutes to the new map? lol

Tell them to get off the modern warfare seen and move onto something new. Its been going on for way to long now imo.
I didn't mean that there was anything wrong with the armor, I just meant that the tanks we've seen look more like BF tanks, and as a result, that's something that I can use to tell future theme haters that hey, it's not so futuristic after all!

But you're right, when it comes down to it, 95% of this stuff is cosmetic. But the fact that it's free 2 play, I don't think that will make a difference to these people.

Personally I prefer a modern theme, but that is not because I dislike future theme, it's because, for example, I prefer helicopters and jets instead of VTOL hover aircraft. And city combat. But believe me, I'm simply saying I prefer that theme, but what I prefer above ALL else is huge maps with strategic play aspects. That doesn't exist in BF, but does in Planetside, and so here I am. And so, I just mean that there is a market for more MMOFPSs.

But when Planetside 2 hits, and it proves to be as awesome as it seems, I'll be ramping up the propaganda to get BF vets to come over here.

EDIT: Who here is good at making video montages and/or screenshot montages? When open beta hits it would be a good idea to make videos that downplay the future theme so we can get more Battlefield Refugees on board.

Last edited by Stardouser; 2012-04-10 at 01:19 PM.