PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Higby Outlines this Months Patch
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-10, 12:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #137
Wahooo
Captain

Re: Higby Outlines this Months Patch

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
Did you miss the part where the rest of the issues, including the metagame, are still being worked on? Or the part about how this is what they could reasonably enumerate for the time frame?

Do you want us to go forward, or would you just like to get off the boat now? No one will judge you.
The amount of work that still needs to be done is way more than they seem to be considering.

The way I see this game is like this:
SOE built us a house. They let us help in the design and building some. The poured a very nice foundation and started framing the house. We had concerns about where they were putting the rooms and the hall ways and we saw issues that would develop in the house if the continued on with the floor plan we saw in front of us.
then SOE said "House is complete enough you can move in. Don't worry about the landscaping or the paint on the walls and the cabinets we'll be working on those as the game progresses.
We said 'wow' I didn't know we were ready to move in.... "Wait what are you talking about fixing the landscaping and the paint... there is no fucking roof?!?!? And you still have this completely fucked up floor plan?!?!"

So yeah this patch is a good step in the right direction. But there is A LOT of work to be done yet.