PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Lets start the discussion now - the future of PlanetSide
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-21, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Wahooo
Captain

Re: Lets start the discussion now - the future of PlanetSide

$15 a month is the price of a premium game subscription. Meaning a game that has PREMIUM support, PREMIUM features and development.

I stopped paying a while ago not because I couldn't afford it, but simply because I couldn't see what exactly I was paying for. I think I personally could justify $5 per month, I'm just now sure about anyone else.

Based on the free 40 days or whatever it was for the werner merge and then again when PS2 was finally announced I don't see the pops staying up for 6 months. The interest is there, but fades for some people, then as soon as the pop starts to drop more people stop logging in. I see myself playing regularly for the full 6 months but really don't know after that.

IF the hacking and script kiddies get out of control like has happened in the past I can't say at all where I will be. I know the free days at the Werner merge were absolutely devastated by just 3 or so people with over the top hacks. We went from 3 pop locked continents to none in a couple days. I know many people i've already talked about that have said "free planetside? why would I want to be shot by hackers? I won't play."

As far as cosmetics and cash shop stuff? Don't see that either. The old code for this game I don't think is understood by anyone around enough to be able to implement that stuff, at least in a way that would be useful and in a way that would not cost more than they could ever hope to make from it. Maybe XP boosters but how much could they make from that?