PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Lets start the discussion now - the future of PlanetSide
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-21, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
MasterChief096
Sergeant Major

Re: Lets start the discussion now - the future of PlanetSide

To help with discussion, for the next six months I will be collecting population data during prime time (approximately 5pm-10pm on weekdays and several different times on weeekends).

My process will go as follows. Upon logging in I will generate an accurate estimate of my empire's population by using the chat commands, incentives toggle, and other tools. Based on that data, one can mathematically calculate the total game's population (at a given time) by looking at global population percentages. This data will be collected everyday (since it shouldn't take long to do) and put into graph format nearing the end of the six-month period for analysis by everyone here.

There are certain flaws with this methodology, such as not being able to be on all day to see the different population changes at different times of the day, but (sadly) prime time in the US is what really counts and is what will show if PlanetSide has an interested enough player-base to stay active after the six month period.

Data will probably be presented in a line graph showing time (by weeks) on the horizontal axis and population (in hundreds) along the vertical axis.

If you have any recommendations on what I can do to get a more accurate picture of prime time populations please let me know, just remember to keep them within reasonable means, I'm a 19 (almost 20) year old university student with not a lot of time.

If you are willing to help me by collecting data during other times of the day (I'm looking at European players now, with different prime times), please contact me.