PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Community Night with Matt Higby Recording
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-30, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #113
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info
Re: Community Night with Matt Higby Recording

Originally Posted by Aurmanite View Post
If you got 9k kills sniping, you were providing your empire with the 'murderous motherfucker' benefit. That is important in the grand scheme of things.
I like the cut of your jib.

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post
When were there ever Cave battles? That was a useless expansion made in 3 months with like 2 weeks of testing. I think I could only remember one battle in them because they were so far out of the way people couldn't be bothered to travel to them.

MAX Units became useless so quickly once people worked out how to play the game. All you did was get in an Exo suit, carry a HA and the Deci with the Armour and Med Healing tools. If I can remember you'd have the speed buff, hide round a corner in third person and you could take out MAX units with ease. I think the only time they were ever used is to make flying aircraft annoying because it would only take a couple MAX units to protect the skies.

Last time I properly played Planetside was when it was ruined by BFRs but I played a trial in 2010 and not much had changed other than BFRs being nerfed useless.
tl;dr: All that was fixed.

tl: Caves were opened to all players and multiple events occurred in them. While less frequent that surface fights cave fights did regularly occur. The caves also offered a totally unique set of areas that some people really liked (just like some people like Cery which actually has fewer fights than the caves).

MAXs became effective when they nerfed the deci hot swap. They are legitimate threats again. The corner camping with AV is really only a problem in towers. In base fights it doesn't really matter. Recently (inside the last 2 years) there's been a change in the meta game so that 3rd person camping isn't as prevalent as most people carry grenades now for clearing corners.

You sound a lot like others that left right after BFRs were introduced. That BFRs are the children of the devil tends to be the common belief. Thing is that they've been nerfed to the point that they're arguably under powered.
"The implementation of BFRs was terrible but they could have been cool."