PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Community Night with Matt Higby Recording
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-30, 04:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #91
HitbackTR
Sergeant

Re: Community Night with Matt Higby Recording

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
They were. This had been put up many times already.

The only time I managed to defend the CC successfuly as a sniper was in caves, when I was guarding both CC entrances and my mate was guarding the console in a MAX. But yet again enemies were just coming one by one... If they gathered we wouldn't have made it.

Other than that snipers has no use. Not about their competence.
Have to disagree here. Like any class the ability to perform their role was important. In open field scenarios snipers had many roles, e.g., taking out CE from a distance, taking down enemies making their way across terrain and also taking out other snipers who were doing the same. Other roles such as lighting up hidden AMSes for OS targeting, bomb drops were also important, i.e., useful, as was the ability to take down cloaked infils moving at speed. Even combat sniping, (no-scoping) in indoor fights was useful. Your one example of how you 'successfully' used a sniper was not a typical example of how I would employ a sniper but it is one example of how they can be useful, but not the only example of how they can be used effectively.