PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Systems/Gameplay: The Virtual Training Center of PlanetSide 2
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-04, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
BillyBob
Corporal

Re: Systems/Gameplay: The Virtual Training Center of PlanetSide 2

One of the biggest concerns about having a dedicated "non combat" area like this, would probably be that it might "distract" players from the core game and its combat.

However, as far as I can tell this never happened in the original Planetside...and as a new player, I for one really appreciated the tutorial and the possibility it gave to learn all the equipment in a non-combat environment.

Also, I think that allowing for several players to join up in these areas to train for example, would only help Outfits and strengthen the social aspects of the game. For example when it comes to more experienced members of the Outfit sharing their combat "tips and tricks" to new recruits.

IMO, this would help get more out of the game, not only when it comes to personal skills, but also on a Squad, Platoon and Outfit level when it comes to practicing and forming new tactics.

Considering the fact that the Sanctuaries have supposedly been removed from PS2, I just think that the benefits of having access to some form of area like this would outweigh any cons and that it would add another dimension to the game.

/BB