PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Cert Changes
Thread: Cert Changes
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-15, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
SFJake
Sergeant

Re: Cert Changes

Originally Posted by bullet View Post
You're a lot better than those no life nerds and kids by going off on a rant, right?
I -was- one of those no life nerd kids. I know how sad a state it is to be in and I pity kids that run into this kind of game model. Of course as a kid, you don't realize the sadness of it while its happening.

Originally Posted by bullet View Post
You said your play style will be affected. How are you playing the game right now? Can you provide some feedback that can help them design a system for your play style rather than crying about how the world is ending because of said changes?
By not going F2P, for starters.

Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
Auraxium is what buys new weapons, you'll either get that by playing or using station cash - its how PS2 is going to make money, so I don't see a problem with that. If you play a lot, you get stuff for free, if you want stuff quicker, you pay a little. Most people will probably do a little of both.
Can't wait to see the prices on those, probably along the line of 5 bucks a weapon, which is the kind of ridiculous price all F2P games give you.

You end up either wasting your life or spending a big amount of money. Thats F2P for you.

I'd pay 60$ if I could get a game I wouldn't have to grind, I'd have access to all the stuff at release, and could just play.

I've told them of fair payment option more than once on the Beta forums. Proper F2P is an option to spend time instead of money, -not- no option to pay a fair amount. But this isn't looking any different.

Like all F2P games I'll have to waste my time, or hundreds of dollars.

At the very least, a one-time payment (say 60$) to get both Auraxium and Cert gain offline would actually be a good deal that I'd do. I assume the rates would be decent (the previous cert gain was pretty spot on, I'd understand a slight reduction, but I'd expect to get something like flares in a day, 2 at best not a month).

That would be a fair option, for starters. That, and boosters that work with in-game time, not real time. Things like that, that shows they care about their costumers. But I don't expect those things to happen, because they are fair options. F2P is never fair.

Last edited by SFJake; 2012-09-15 at 05:19 PM.