PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - balancing the pulsar
View Single Post
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-07, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: balancing the pulsar

I don't think you should expect the weapons to perform equally in all situations. The only way they could do that is if they weapons were identical. They aren't going to be identical, so they won't perform equally in all situations.

I expect each weapon will have situational strengths and weaknesses. For example, TR with high RoF, good recoil control, and ammo capacity are likely to be at an advantage in CQB. It wouldn't surprise me if the cycler had the highest TTK in that situation too, assuming all/most bullets hit. At long range, probably not so much. The Gauss may be very good at medium ranges with controlled burst fire where their recoil isn't a factor but the high damage per shot and decent accuracy can synergize. I expect the pulsar might end up being decent in most situations with better long-range accuracy but not at any significant disadvantage in other situations.

The weapons aren't equal, but how you customize those weapons to either enhance strengths further or help compensate for the weaknesses that your play style might expose will make all the difference.

I think we really need hands on time before we can do more than speculate.