PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - AGN: Consolidated Community Clash Feedback Thread
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-22, 03:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
robocpf1
First Sergeant

Re: Community Clash Recording and Feedback

Some format suggestions:

1) Having a concrete "Round Timer" accessible to everyone would be a nice addition. The /yell broadcasts at important timestamps were good, but having an actual clock ticking down somewhere would be immensely helpful.

2) In-between round timers. Let us know what kind of timeline we're working on. Do you want us set up and ready to go in 5 minutes, or 10? Let us know where and when as exactly as possible so we aren't standing around wasting people's time, we hate that, and we know the audience doesn't like a lot of downtime. We're happy to oblige and do things quickly, just let us know!

3) Hard Spawn AMS set up earlier. I feel that the referees or moderators could have sped things along by having some AMSes set already. We can pull our own Mobile AMSes, but that one Hard Spawn was a pain to coordinate and prevent from deconstructing. If we could have that set up beforehand, that would be fantastic.

4) Round time increase for 3-point bases have already been brought up, you guys are on it.

5) Possible increase of starting distance or choosing a spread-out base. It seemed like attackers could be on the points before defenders could really do anything to stop them, and we saw that in Round 3 and Round 4. GOTR pushed straight in to all three points in Round 3, and though we didn't keep them, we were in before any real defense could be set up. In Round 4 we saw TRG smash point B and hold it for most of the game with no need for their mobile AMSes, and while I applaud that strategy I felt bummed out that I physically couldn't get our interceptors up fast enough to put mines down or pull vehicles to force the exterior fight. In both situations, neither team had any time to prepare defenses, other than jumping into a turret or standing at the railings. Now, maybe it was just the base - we saw a LOT of exterior fighting in Rounds 1 and 2 for Cairn Station, that was intense and had a lot of skirmish gameplay around the base exterior.

6) You could allow the attackers to choose what vector to attack from instead of assigning their starting place. We both knew exactly where the AMSes would be coming from and instead of it being a tactical deployment to flank the base, or defenders needing to be prepared for anything, it was a race to see whether the attackers could ram their AMS into a secure place and get on point before the defenders. That should be a valid choice of strategy, but not the mechanic that defines the start of the match.

Last edited by robocpf1; 2013-08-22 at 03:46 AM.