PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Building Forward Bases - Supply Bases.
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-07, 10:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #100
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Re: Building Forward Bases - Supply Bases.

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
How would you capture them, though, if it's just a bunch of individually placed vehicles with no link?

And for that matter, would there be a limit on how many vehicles of this type could be deployed, and would they decay, or when the battle completely ends for a hex, as you know players can simply pull more Galaxies/Sunderers/Lodestars, are there going to be old forward bases littering the ground all over the world?

Personally, I would not mind if there were! But it's something to be considered.
You wouldn't capture them and the decay would be them being destroyed by the enemy. If the owners of the vehicles left to spawn other vehicles, their old ones would dissolve, like in Planetside 1. I also wouldn't limit how much player's could put into these. The limit depends pon the players, as thy have to own the vehicles.

Yes, they would be scattered across the battlefield. Every player deployed component is a trade off for say, a tank or aircraft. If the enemy has more tanks or aircraft, they'll likely be destroying your supply components.

It's not a "base" liek the bases, it's more of an encampment.

www.planetside-devildogs.com