PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - What are your concerns about ps2?
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-11, 08:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: What are your concerns about ps2?

Originally Posted by Nausicaa View Post
All of us have them; things we have seen in the vids that sets our teeth on edge, while its still early days and things can definatly change, its worth writing them down for the devs to take note of, at least so they can provide feedback if nessesary to allay some of our fears.

Mine have to be:

Base cap wack-a-mole - you cap one point, they cap one, for me I'm worried that it'll take hours to take a base fully.

I'm not concerned with this. In PS it could take a few minutes to hours to cap a base, just depends on what is going on. I want epic base fights.

Tank drivers as gunners and the ease of getting a tank - this one is a biggie having the pilot accessing weapons that can oneshot infantry combined with the fact troops no longer have ready access to their own repair and med tools means that its a no brainer to grab a tank as even at its lowest level is a lot of firepower and protection when getting from point to point.

What is the problem here? In PS the vanguard and prowler could one shot infrantry no problem. Tanks in PS2 do have that capability however they are weaker verse their PS counterparts in terms of staying power. Who cares if infantry can't really self heal? They would be dead in one shot anyway. Sounds like there is a lot more in terms of AV weapons also.

Bailing from ground vehicles; being able to instantly get out even at very low health means you are rarely going to be able to catch someone in a tank about to die provided they aren't retarded/afk.

I can see this being annoying.

It gets worse if the guy is in rexo, as he can pop out with his av weapon and finish off your vehicle/max like mat did in his latest vid, this is a pain that anyone who has used AA against reavers and mossies felt in ps1 at some point; you cant help but feel a little cheated if you have took something to near death and suddenly the pilot pops out for his 'second life'.

Rexo armor shouldn't be able to pilot tanks/heavy vehicles much in the way they cannot in ps1.

With classes being the way they are now. I think its perfectly fine for the heavy assault class to be able to pilot. Why should someone who is far spec'd out in heavy assault be forced out of his class when he is going A to B? I wouldn't want to be forced to use a class I dislike due to transportation.

I'm hoping that the per person limited resources will be such that it will stop people being able to spam heavy vehicles without consequence.

I don't think people are either going to get to the point of having too much points or too low. They probably will have to be wise with their points, but I don't see it being a life or death decision about bringing one out every time.

What are other people's concerns from what they have seen so far?
I do have a few annoyances with this game. Not enough to voice them on the forum though. I'm still actually waiting to get in the game before waving my hands up in the air saying omg this doesn't work. I'm not saying others shouldn't of course, I just don't want to go into the game with bad/misconceived notions.