PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - A brief history on Dutch influence on America
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-14, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

Re: A brief history on Dutch influence on America

This thread is aimed at putting these specific Americans in their place, when they want to argue another nation is irrelevant.
I can identify with your frustration when getting disrespected by someone for a stupid reason. I would say that it's unlikely that arrogant people are going to be willing to listen to you in any case. I do think that you run the risk of alienating other people from seeing your perspective however if you're not careful to qualify exactly who your audience is; especially when the majority of the people on this site are Americans.

I am a Canadian myself; loong ago (around the time of the revolution) my family was American, and before that they were British. As such, I can also identify with your desire to affect positive change on a people (for the time being anyways) have a lot on influence on world events. For example I'm against the foreign occupations, monetary policies and the indefinite detentions and torture.

Having said that, from my limited experience, I find most regulars on this site are intelligent, civil and willing to listen if you aren't indiscriminately trying people's patience. In my experience, finding and focusing on the people that are willing to reason and listen is a lot more conducive to change (and fulfilling), than worrying about what trolls think.

Peace