PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Higby in China, plus some minor infos came out of the chat
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-17, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Crator
Major General

Re: Higby in China, plus some minor infos came out of the chat

Originally Posted by basti View Post
As for the base flipping: First of all, we need to get rid of this crappy capture mechanics. The whole "stand at the point and do nothing" is not helping.
We need hack and hold again. A simple, easy to read timer till the base flips, starting to count down once the base got hacked. Time depens on how many surrounding territorys you owned when the hack started, and the timer doesnt change counting down even if you loose all surrounding territorys.
That would allow resecures again, especially those awesome last second resecures.
I agree, hack-n-hold is superior to tug-o-war. I also agree that the PS1 hack-n-hold was too simple. 15 minutes for every hack was too long. As you said, the fix is to make the hack time less if you own adjacent hexes.

Of course, that's the first step. Next step is to redesign locations with appropriate attack and defense vectors providing varied game play for different class types. More defensible locations but with different attack vectors. Balance the attack vectors with the defensive capabilities of the location giving more of an edge to defenders.