PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - DEV reddit AMA- "ANT will most likely be the Sunderer with an ANT module" says WHO?
View Single Post
Old 2013-12-06, 07:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Eggy
Sergeant

Re: DEV reddit AMA- "ANT will most likely be the Sunderer with an ANT module" says WH

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
I have an inkling that this new energy system will become a bit of disaster for PS2 bases, unlike PS1 we don't have the ability to load up ANTs into the Galaxy and air drop them into bases in order to get past the siege lines / zerg fronts.

All ANTs will have to go cross country and be very exposed.
In the videos I saw a while ago this ^^ is an intended feature and not a "negative".

At the moment we have a scenatrio where 1 empire can have zero pressence on a continent except for the masses at 1 base "the crown". Without power this fight cannot go on and on and on for days, like it does now.

It was also supposed to link into the fabled mission system. Creating missions for the defenders to defend the ANT and a mission for attackers to nail it. A pleasant side effect of this would be to create stuff for vehicle players to do that isnt camping bases and doors, especialy if the placement of the power supplys is sensible and out of the way.

I am disapointed they are using the sunderer for this. It was suggested there would be different sizes of ANTs and different sizes of the power source.

Last edited by Eggy; 2013-12-06 at 07:54 AM.