View Single Post
Old 2013-08-12, 07:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #145
Chewy
Major

Re: The Oracle of Death

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
Funny you should mention that . . .

Original at http://bit.ly/120xwIq

So, the big mystery here - why do single-purpose lock-on launcher operators tend to be less productive at higher BRs? Despite the opposite being true everywhere else?
Maybe the reason for copy-paste lock-ons (not Striker) getting worse KPU with higher BR is the fact that those weapons are not based on the skill of the user but of the target? That or maybe with higher BR the more skilled a player is and the more they use cover, height, and positioning than lower BR players and those launchers don't work in those conditions (lots of things to break LOS) and favor standing in the open like an idiot.

I see the Striker and the Anni as the odd men out with lock-ons. Striker gets a little better with BR, but has dips as well seen in Q3. But the Anni never changes in KPU no matter the BR. VERY odd with these 2 and Im betting that the short lock timer of the Striker is a main reason for it's KPU numbers with BR compared to the other lock-on weapons.

Another thing I see is player counts. NC and VS have a clear pattern to their launchers with stock being most used and something of a tug of war for the rest with some gaps to account for taste and what not. But TR launcher users are FAR out of sync.

Striker has 3.2K users and only 664 for both of TRs G2G and G2A! That is fucking wrong if you ask me. Even if the Striker isn't OP in KPU according to these numbers the shear amount of Striker users shows that it is clearly the best and maybe only option for the common TR HA grunt. I wold bet that there are so many Striker users that they are fighting each other for kills on top of low skilled players tanking the KPU.

I see no reason to use another launcher other than the Striker if you're TR unless you are wanting use rockets indoors on infantry or MAXes. Even burster MAXes and AA secondary vehicle weapons aren't needed for TR with the number of Strikers, freeing up those units for AV or AI roles.

Damn it, Im starting to get into balance talk. Sorry about that.