PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Forum Features Feedback
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-29, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Forum Features Feedback

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
That is the news, it is one of the highlighted stories. Right underneath it is the recent news stories.
I dunno Hamma, let's put it this way, on my 21" screen, when I open PSU, the top 20% is buttons and banner, that's fine. Then there's a HUGE image, in this case of a comic that's been there for about half a week (the big image is also unclickable, as only the small bar can be clicked). Then underneath that, I can barely see the bar that says VIP and News.

It actually took a while for me to notice the three buttons on the image as well, perhaps that bar should run from eiher side to not see it as part of the image? (Could also just be that in this case, the bar starts in a dark background, therefore the dark blue contrasts very little and doesn't stand out much).

Not sure if this is possible, but perhaps it would be possible to have the latest news posts with an image or video automatically place the first image or a cropped first image in there or makes it part of a linked slideshow?

Could also make it a part of the left frame above the VIP stuff? I dunno, I somehow just feel it doesn't quite do its job as is, because it pushes both frames underneath to the very bottom of the screen. Personally kinda liked how the latest news was the first thing you saw from the previous layout, that really made you want to scroll down as it was obvious there was something down there to see.

Btw, as a side note, a part time comic artist myself, I'd have that cropped more for teaser value. Bit like how http://lfgcomic.com does it.

Last edited by Figment; 2012-03-29 at 02:23 PM.