PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Community Night with Matt Higby Recording
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-30, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #105
Vancha
Colonel

Re: Community Night with Matt Higby Recording

I know this might not be a popular example, but say my empire had just raided an enemy biolab generator...Being able to ensure that most of the people trying to clear them out started on half health I felt was rather helpful.

Often you could light up AMS' by shooting them, helping reveal their locations to allies.

You could slow down the rate that enemies pulled vehicles with a clear view of the v-term.

You could clear motion sensors and spitfires that were giving cloakers problems.

Hell, if you were persistent enough you could force AA maxes to take shelter or find a repair friend. I think it was possibly 11 shots to take down a MAX?

Not to mention wreaking havoc on any problematic BFRs, especially if they were standing still.

If you just lined up on the ridge and traded shots with enemy snipers then yeah, you probably wouldn't achieve too much. If however, you removed the obstacles that were getting in the way of your allies completing objectives, then you could usually see what your sniping had achieved.

Last edited by Vancha; 2012-01-30 at 11:24 AM.