Posted this on official forum:
----
Casual gamer perspective here...

XP translates to certs. Check
Certs are needed to unlock stuff. Check
XP boosters available in store. Check
XP boosters last only 24 hrs real time. Check
Workdays I can only play 1-2 hrs if nothing else is going on. Check

As a result, I will not waste my Araxium or real money on XP boosters because I will only get less than 10% of their worth. Translation, I will never buy these 24 hour boosters to get XP that will be used to get certs until they convert this to gaming time rather than real time. This mechanism is broken for casuals like myself.

The system is (supposedly) designed to allow you to trade your money for time, whichever you are more inclined to part with, except it is broken as I explained above.

Offline cert gain was good for me, I don't mind missing out on unearned XP if I wasn't actually playing, didn't mind paying a subscription fee, did that for years in PS1 and many other games when I had a lot of time, in between jobs, and could play for long stretches. FTP was good, because I could continue to play my favorite games, even if I was really really busy and could only play a few days a month. Didn't like subscription games and had to cancel when my schedule became busy.

In other games where there was a huge gap between noobs and hardcore (18 hrs/day) gamers I could offset this by buying gold online to get the things I wanted. In SOE's system, I would not even want to do that by purchasing XP boosts because of my reasons above (real and game time issue).

Now, since XP only translates to certs, and certs are needed to customize your basic character, there is really no way of getting my character customized to my play style except to grind. This is no longer fun.

Did I intend to spend lots of money in this game. Yes, I have over 27k of station cash waiting just for PS2 to open. Will I be putting any more in? That is iffy, because as I said, the XP boosters are broken as I found out. Will I subscribe? Probably not, because there are some months, I would only be able to play for a day or so.

Please SOE, reconsider the offline casual gamer cert gains, brainstorm how to fix them because I love this game and don't want this to fail. You're slowly losing the casuals.