PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Lets start the discussion now - the future of PlanetSide
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-21, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Shogun
Contributor
General

Re: Lets start the discussion now - the future of PlanetSide

i still think, including ps1 sub in the ps2 sub would be a good way to keep at least some population.

and lowering the standalone ps1 sub to 5 bucks would also help.

this way blatant hackers can still be banned. for both games. i am sure people would think twice if they could lose their sub and all their paid items from ps2 by cheating in ps1.

if the sub is maintained at a high level, the game would need another round of "ongoing developement" to justify the high costs. like an update to planetside next. i don´t know how far the devs went when they worked on ps next, but i hope there are prototypes left from that time.

and if the 6 months proove that there is not enough longtime demand and soe decides to shut down planetside, i would really apreciate if they would release the server to allow private shards. we already know that about any modern gamingserver can handle planetside for it once ran on a bunch of pentiums.

oh, and if f2p is the way, i wouldn´t mind reallife ads on the propagandaboards ingame, or banners during respawntimers. but the hackers would need to be adressed.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!

Last edited by Shogun; 2013-05-21 at 01:48 PM.