PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - AGN: Community Clash FC vs TIW
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-12, 01:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Mordelicius
Major

Re: Community Clash FC vs TIW

Forgot about this and missed it. There was an epic, cliffhanger Indar Waterson alert (NC won! 34% NC 33% TR 32% VS).

Anyway, just saw the replay. Some objective thoughts:

1) FC is most organized Vanu group i've seen fight, they earned the hype for sure. These guys are pretty in sync. They are, imo, easily better than Zaps or Xoo in Waterson.

2) FC dominating TiW is not what I expected. Props to them, they are a much well oiled machine. It's like they have a hive mind.

3) Despite that, I don't believe the gap between the two aren't that very apart. I think FC know each other really well, while TiW is more about directions and instincts.

If anyone have read my numerous GU feedback/posts I've always complained about Vanu being OP, esp their ZOE and guns.

But imo, i think if everyone has equal things, FC still much more organized, but the gap in terms of skill isn't as big as what the fight had shown.

Again, that's my objective opinion. TiW need more practice if they hope to uppend FC soon.

I'm really curious what other collection of NC can compete like this. if TiW struggles like this, then who else can fight? In Waterson, although the balance of strengh are pretty much spread out (some more diluted. ex. DVS has a strong core). In terms of being stacked, TiW comes out of top. I also note some of their new members are originally from other outfits.

4) Having said that, NUC, is imo their last obstacle. I haven't seen other outfits that can compete at this level (not to say there aren't any European ones that can, but only in terms of what I've seen).

Curious though, NUC relies more on combined arms in fighting. Although, they are even more stacked than TiW, it's going to be interesting how they can tailor their fights under the community clash rules.

Their suffocating turtle defense on points and surroundings with Maxes, Engies, and Medics vs FC's mobility, flexibility and even unpredictability will be most interesting to see. See, NUC relies on alot of things including vehicles. I haven't seen FC on vehicles yet.

Community Clash Suggestion:

My only suggestion is maybe have a platoon each and two close bases. Allow them to fight it out the same way, instead of just bases. Then switch the bases for both sides as usual.

Last thoughts, the Community Clash show was fun to watch and was well presented and organized (thank you). (As a personally biased aside, I'm sad the NC Waterson contingent didn't win . I think if there will ever be a rematch they will be much more ready)

Hope to see Future Crew vs NUC eventually. That will be even more brutal.