PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Higby Outlines this Months Patch
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-09, 05:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #121
james
Sergeant Major

Re: Higby Outlines this Months Patch

Originally Posted by Kerrec View Post
Amazing! So, you are saying that all of the issues mentioned were not part of community feedback? They saw the issues all on their own, and came up with their own solutions? So you're saying that spawn room defensibility was not mentionned at all in the community? Adjustments to AA was not mentioned? Adjustments to Air was not mentioned? Dynamic XP was not mentioned?

If I bothered to take the time, I can probably find a thread discussing every single major topic touched by these notes. All input from current PS2 players and old PS1 "vets" alike.

Sounds to me like there are no notes (yet) on the isses YOU deem most important and are all pissy and throwing a forum tantrum.

My best friend is a programmer in the gaming industry. They work rediculous hours. Then when it gets to release time, they work EVEN MORE REDICULOUS HOURS. If they've been gone for a month, they're probably taking all the owed vacation time they weren't alowed to take prior to release, as well as taking well earned relaxation time so they don't end up divorced or in an insane asylum.

If you consider that devs are expected to play their own games so they have a clue, and grant that even when they're "playing", they're actually working; then you have to see that they put in rediculous quantities of time WORKING.

Everyone needs vacation, distraction and rest.

Everyone deserves a vacation but basically release a game than taking off a month, during a time period where a large part of your player base is going to play more.
The problem was that they basically left it in a mid beta state, the game had major crashing issues, poor performance, along with a slew of other problems. While every deserves a break, a whole month has caused most of their player base to quit.
There population on steam has just dropped below the 10k mark this week. Not even enough to fill two servers.
I'm not saying they don't deserve breaks at some point, but leaving your game in the state they left it, and releasing in the holiday season. Was just a horrible choice, that as it looks will have major effects on the future of the game.