What we know about Beta. - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Yes, the thong comes in pink too.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-17, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
General M
Corporal

Re: What we know about Beta.

Any news on Europe beta status - If there'll be a way for us to get codes or a place to use US codes?
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-02-17, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Radar, i hope you can quickly answer me these few, or at least tell me that you cant answer them:

1. How exactly are the priorities going to work? Right now im under the impression that getting a PCGamer key means 100% access once beta starts, while being a past or current PS1 player may NOT get you in right away. Is that correct? Is there some extra stuff that needs to be taken into account, like the time you subbed last for PS1? I hope u say yes to this one, as it would pretty much give me a weapon of mass subscriptions for the plannet "last month of old Auraxis", starting hopefully this weekend!

2. What about my pals? Theres a whole bunch of people in my outfit that are all looking forward to PS2. Most of them played PS for a loooonng time, but we also got new people from other games looking forward to it. Is there any way i could get a few extra keys once beta starts, to get whoever got left out in the first wave into the game?

edit: any additional infos about beta, like how long it will run at least, how many players you plan to invite with the first wave, etc, would be cool as well.

Also, give us a free month of PS1! I need to see a poplock for the very last time in that old, old game before beta hits, just to say goodbye to a whole lot of memorys!
1. PC Gamer and PS1 Players will be in the earlier phases of Beta. I can't speak to specifics beyond that. Something I also need to make sure folks understand is first Beta waves are usually very very small. Some of you may get in and some may not.

2. Have them register for Beta! The earlier on they register, the greater chance they'll be before other folks. Beta giveaways and such we can reveal more about as we get closer to Beta.

Unfortunately I don't have any more specifics I can provide. We typically don't announce how many people are invited in waves and I certainly can't talk about dates and times. It's just not time yet. Stick with us!
Old 2012-02-17, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
1. PC Gamer and PS1 Players will be in the earlier phases of Beta. I can't speak to specifics beyond that. Something I also need to make sure folks understand is first Beta waves are usually very very small. Some of you may get in and some may not.

2. Have them register for Beta! The earlier on they register, the greater chance they'll be before other folks. Beta giveaways and such we can reveal more about as we get closer to Beta.

Unfortunately I don't have any more specifics I can provide. We typically don't announce how many people are invited in waves and I certainly can't talk about dates and times. It's just not time yet. Stick with us!
Dude, seriously, two things:

1. I pretty much expected these answers (yea, im just around MMOs that long that i know how u guys work. I SEE RIGHT THROUGH U! :P )

2. You are kick ass. I remember times where i had to wait days before i would get a reply from SOE. But i never, EVER got a reply to anything that quick, but for you guys. Really, for me, SOE moved up from somewhere in the mid field of companys to the very very top, as a shining star above all else! I FREAKING LOVE how great the interaction with u folks is! Keep that up, and u wont ever get rid of me! :P
Old 2012-02-17, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
CidHighwind
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Dude, seriously, two things:

1. I pretty much expected these answers (yea, im just around MMOs that long that i know how u guys work. I SEE RIGHT THROUGH U! :P )

2. You are kick ass. I remember times where i had to wait days before i would get a reply from SOE. But i never, EVER got a reply to anything that quick, but for you guys. Really, for me, SOE moved up from somewhere in the mid field of companys to the very very top, as a shining star above all else! I FREAKING LOVE how great the interaction with u folks is! Keep that up, and u wont ever get rid of me! :P
This
Old 2012-02-17, 05:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Bags
Lieutenant General

So I can unsub now and it won't affect my beta chances?
Old 2012-02-17, 09:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Hamma
PSU Admin

Appears that way

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-02-17, 09:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Bags
Lieutenant General

Cool. $105 for a key is a enough.
Old 2012-02-17, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
cyberkiller
Staff Sergeant

Do people who were in PS1 beta get priority?
Old 2012-02-18, 12:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Whalenator
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by cyberkiller View Post
Do people who were in PS1 beta get priority?
If they haven't all died of strokes yet

NC Brig. General ಠ_ರೃ
Old 2012-02-18, 04:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
General M
Corporal

Please, does anyone know anything about the EU beta? Am I going to have to buy a key from america and then be shut out for being from UK?
Old 2012-02-18, 06:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by General M View Post
Please, does anyone know anything about the EU beta? Am I going to have to buy a key from america and then be shut out for being from UK?
There is no specifc beta, or at least none planned for an communicated to us.

The beta that we know of will allow access to us on the far side of the pond. However, the pool of players in beta will be limited at first but later we will eventually get all the access we want - from Radarx.

If you are a previous PS1 player you will get access to the beta at some point. If you're not - IDK.
Old 2012-02-18, 10:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
dachlatte
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
Interesting.

If you do it like firefall with specific days for testing, I don't think I'd be interested because it's too damn hard for me to test something I can only test for specific hours on specific days, it feels prohibited.
no one forces you to participate in the beta...

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Old 2012-02-18, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
Whalenator
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
I don't think I'd be interested because it's too damn hard for me to test something I can only test for specific hours on specific days, it feels prohibited.
What? Duke won't be testing with us?

NC Brig. General ಠ_ರೃ
Old 2012-02-18, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Shogun
Contributor
General

keep in mind that radarx said EARLY beta will be in sessions and that this will change later in the beta progress.

that´s exactly what i would expect. testsessions at first, to check out certain mechanics, and when the game seems to be working as intended the server will get longer runningtimes until it is stable enough for big scale balancing and stresstesting.

remember that getting early closed beta access is not equal to play the full game and is not intended as a demo for potential players. that´s what the majority of players thinks what a beta is, because they only played open betas or console betas that tend to use betas for promotion instead of developement.

so you have to choose! if you wanna see the game early, you will have penaltys as sheduled playsessions, horrible bugs and only few players. if you wanna get into the game and experience the full scale, you may want to wait a little longer until later closed or open beta or even until release.

i would love to get ingame no matter how finished the game is ;-)
because i love to see how games evolve and i love to help with testing,breaking and changing things. and closed betas are the best or even only possibility to do this because changes will be made very fast so you can actually see what is happening to the game.
damn, i would even go ingame for hours if we only would get one soldier, no weapons and would have to walk around on the whole map to find "fall through map" glitches without being able to shoot anything

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-02-18, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Chefkoch
Sergeant

Well its clear that first waves are only small ones. 50-100 people i would think like a friends and family beta.

But only make it aviable on specific days when its going to be a mmo ?

SOE will do the right thing, well they have to too this time. Planetside was way ahead of its time back then 9 year ago. If they do it right Planetside 2 will kill Call of Duty Elite and this Battlefield 3 Battlelog stuff because it will be massive...who needs scripts when players get the action rolling nonstop without "mapchange"

I can´t wait.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion