News: Twitter Image Roundup - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter Google+ YouTube Steam Xfire TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Giving is better than receiving, especially with grenades.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Facebook Connect
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-04-25, 05:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Canaris
Contributor
General
 
Canaris's Avatar
 
Re: Twitter Image Roundup


Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
I'm still not liking the idea of being unable to completely capture a continent. In my opinion that will take away a lot of the feeling of victory since even if you capture everything else the enemy will still be there in their foothold and able to take pot shots at you or vice versa.
there is work arounds for that, no shooting in or out of the warp gates bubble like original PS.
Just need a few other to keep it from becoming and mess.

Automated Warp Gate defenses like the ones they showed us in the time laps video, the sky lance, get to close to the gate and you get fried, also make sure you have a reverse that you can't just simple move back and forth across the bubbles threshold to use it as a shield.
That one kind of really annoys me from PS even if I have utilized it.

Plenty of other options we can put into play.
__________________

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Canaris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Levente
First Sergeant
 
Levente's Avatar
 
Re: Twitter Image Roundup


Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
I'm still not liking the idea of being unable to completely capture a continent. In my opinion that will take away a lot of the feeling of victory since even if you capture everything else the enemy will still be there in their foothold and able to take pot shots at you or vice versa.
its called baserape. but ps2 will it take it on a new level of baseraping. Not capture a continent is indeed shit, whats the purpose then? Never ending fight , all right i have no problem with that but purpose? even one round in bf3 have a purpose, is to win that round. but in ps2 it will be a never ending zerg fight and at the end baserape the enemy empire warpgate. not good
Levente is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
dotcom
Private
 
Re: Twitter Image Roundup


Originally Posted by MercDT View Post
http://www.planetside-universe.com/m...3072b82973.jpg

Does anyone know what vehicle is this? Role?

It reminds me somewhat of the Lightning tank...
Looks more like a ANT to me....dunno how you would get a lighting out of that picture when there is no canon or rail gun. But I guess you could say a rough sketch leading toward that way.

Last edited by dotcom; 2012-04-25 at 06:02 PM.
dotcom is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 02:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant
 
headcrab13's Avatar
 
Re: Twitter Image Roundup


Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
I'm still not liking the idea of being unable to completely capture a continent. In my opinion that will take away a lot of the feeling of victory since even if you capture everything else the enemy will still be there in their foothold and able to take pot shots at you or vice versa.
At first I would have agreed with you, but consider the most likely scenario:

You push the enemy all the way back to their foothold, and your forces start to mass around it. Snipers are watching all angles, grunts are patrolling back and forth with darklight to make sure infiltrators don't get by, tanks are shelling the foothold shield as a deterrent, and air vehicles are providing overwatch.

Sure there may be a few lucky enemies that sneak past the zerg and attempt to take back a capture point or two, but they'll be quickly wiped out. As fewer and fewer enemies are able to resist in any significant way, the entire enemy faction will warpgate out and essentially the continent will be yours.

It's not a true "win" condition in that you get points or an achievement or something, but Planetside didn't have that either and it was the ultimate rush to finally wipe an enemy faction right off the map.
__________________
Dark from TR Markov
PCP www.clanpcp.org
headcrab13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 03:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Levente
First Sergeant
 
Levente's Avatar
 
Re: Twitter Image Roundup


Originally Posted by headcrab13 View Post
At first I would have agreed with you, but consider the most likely scenario:

You push the enemy all the way back to their foothold, and your forces start to mass around it. Snipers are watching all angles, grunts are patrolling back and forth with darklight to make sure infiltrators don't get by, tanks are shelling the foothold shield as a deterrent, and air vehicles are providing overwatch.

Sure there may be a few lucky enemies that sneak past the zerg and attempt to take back a capture point or two, but they'll be quickly wiped out. As fewer and fewer enemies are able to resist in any significant way, the entire enemy faction will warpgate out and essentially the continent will be yours.

It's not a true "win" condition in that you get points or an achievement or something, but Planetside didn't have that either and it was the ultimate rush to finally wipe an enemy faction right off the map.
you could capture continents in PS1 , that was the achivement. it had a purpose to fight for.
Levente is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 05:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant
 
headcrab13's Avatar
 
Re: Twitter Image Roundup


Originally Posted by Levente View Post
you could capture continents in PS1 , that was the achivement. it had a purpose to fight for.
Exactly. There was no official "achievement unlocked!" banner or anything, it was purely the satisfaction of fighting for hours, days, or even weeks and finally capping the entire continent.

I largely think PS2 should be the same way -- a kind of sandbox in which to pursue your own favorite goals and achievements.
__________________
Dark from TR Markov
PCP www.clanpcp.org
headcrab13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 PM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.