News: Smed Tweets update on ProSieben Deal - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now causes 50% less pollution
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-29, 04:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #106
Kran De Loy
Captain

Re: Smed Tweets update on ProSieben Deal

Originally Posted by Xaine View Post
I'm fairly sure there will be EU residents in the beta. If they haven't mentioned that by now then there is really going to be a fucking shit-storm.

If they plan to allow people in Europe to play on US servers (like they say they're working towards) then they're going to want people in the EU to test US servers to check ping issues etc

I've said it before, as much as i love the PS2 team - this is still in the hands of the big wigs at the top of SoE, and i have unshakeable faith in those people to make absolutely fucking terrible decisions and colossal PR fuck-ups - i've watched them utterly destroy (SWG), neglect (PS1) and suck the life out of (EQ2) games for the past 10 years.

This was only reinforced by this fiasco the other day, blocking EU people from NA servers and vice-versa. Showing either a complete disregard and general lack of respect, thought and care for multi-national communities across several of their games (their paying customers for god knows how many years). Either that, or they just didn't even think about it and did it anyway.

I'm not sure which is more concerning.
iirc there hasn't been any comments about EU presence in the beta yet on the VIP tracker which is a very sad implication.

And yeah I agree with you about the Big Wigs regularly taking a dump all over their own enterprises.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-02-29 at 04:56 PM.
Old 2012-02-29, 07:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #107
SgtMAD
Captain

you have to keep up the pressure on SOE or they will "manage" this situation and nothing will get done.

it was the explosion on all the forums and the cancelled accounts that freaked them out and got them to reply
Old 2012-02-29, 07:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #108
Graywolves
General

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Guess it wouldn't be a fansite forum without a few token SOE haters around calling people "fanbois" when they are on a PlanetSide Fan Site.
I think anyone who got to this site without being a Planetside fanboy is lost.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-28, 06:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #109
Brollywood
PlanetSide 2
EU Prod. Manager

Hi guys, I just wanted to sign up and drop in here and say that EU players won't have to worry - they will also have access to the beta when it launches. You get a key and you get in.

Also, hi from me, I'm the product manager for PlanetSide 2 in Europe.
Old 2012-03-28, 06:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #110
Shogun
Contributor
General

if you are not trolling, thank you for the clarification and welcome to the community!

are you allowed to give us some more info about the pro7/soe deal? there are lots of questions.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!

Last edited by Shogun; 2012-03-28 at 06:36 AM.
Old 2012-03-28, 06:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #111
Arius
Corporal

I'll propably play on an EU server, depending on the amount of players, but this is a good thing nontheless!
Old 2012-03-28, 06:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #112
Sotonian
Corporal

Originally Posted by Brollywood View Post
Hi guys, I just wanted to sign up and drop in here and say that EU players won't have to worry - they will also have access to the beta when it launches. You get a key and you get in.

Also, hi from me, I'm the product manager for PlanetSide 2 in Europe.
So as a European, i will 100% be able to play on an American server at full game launch?
Old 2012-03-28, 06:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #113
Valcron
Master Sergeant

I really could care less about European players...
Old 2012-03-28, 06:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #114
Coreldan
Colonel

Originally Posted by Valcron View Post
I really could care less about European players...
Then why the fuck do you post? Get the fuck out of here, then.

Hmh, do we have any way to somehow verify Brollywood is a real deal and not some troll? I'm sure he could use the VIP status as well if we can confirm he's real Perhaps SOE staff knows if he's real?

I'm gonna play on EU servers myself either way, but the beta news are naturally good news, even if I think this was clarified some time back already.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-03-28, 06:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #115
Sotonian
Corporal

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
Then why the fuck do you post? Get the fuck out of here, then.

Hmh, do we have any way to somehow verify Brollywood is a real deal and not some troll? I'm sure he could use the VIP status as well if we can confirm he's real Perhaps SOE staff knows if he's real?

I'm gonna play on EU servers myself either way, but the beta news are naturally good news, even if I think this was clarified some time back already.
https://twitter.com/#!/Pbrolly

Looks real to me
Old 2012-03-28, 06:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #116
Heaven
Master Sergeant

excellent news. I'm really happy about this! . This just proves that they are listening to us, and taking the best option to keep people interested in Planetside 2. Now just for them to take note about us wanting there to be a win situation.

Last edited by Heaven; 2012-03-28 at 06:55 AM.
Old 2012-03-28, 06:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #117
Shogun
Contributor
General

yep, looks legit.

seems like pete brolly was at gdc, so one of the devs should be able to confirm his status.
at least the name is connected to games, so i think the chance that he is trolling is very low.

he was brandmanager for deepsilver until this month.

so welcome to the community and congratulations on your new job for the hopefully best game ever!
give some love to the eu players! we feel neglected when it comes to getting info about our situation.

Last edited by Shogun; 2012-03-28 at 07:00 AM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-28, 06:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #118
Brollywood
PlanetSide 2
EU Prod. Manager

Talking Re: Smed Tweets update on ProSieben Deal

Originally Posted by Sotonian View Post
So as a European, i will 100% be able to play on an American server at full game launch?
I can confirm this. As a European you can play on an American server at full game launch.

I obviously can't answer all pro7/soe deal related questions right now unfortunately, but if you guys can perhaps gather up all your most important questions I'll do my best to feed them through and get you answers where possible.

For everything else, we will have more information as soon as it becomes available.

I understand your trepidation as to my authenticity - it's the internet after all! You could look me up though I guess, maybe take the "Brolly" part of "Brollywood" as a start.

That is my twitter account that was posted yea, although its been gathering cobwebs.

I was actually at GDC for a different title (in my previous company), but I was present at the PlanetSide 2 conference.

Last edited by Brollywood; 2012-03-28 at 07:01 AM.
Old 2012-03-28, 07:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #119
Sotonian
Corporal

Originally Posted by Brollywood View Post

I can confirm this. As a European you can play on an American server at full game launch.

I obviously can't answer all pro7/soe deal related questions right now unfortunately, but if you guys can perhaps gather up all your most important questions I'll do my best to feed them through and get you answers where possible.

For everything else, we will have more information as soon as it becomes available.

I understand your trepidation as to my authenticity - it's the internet after all! You could look me up though I guess, maybe take the "Brolly" part of "Brollywood" as a start.

That is my twitter account that was posted yea, although its been gathering cobwebs.

I was actually at GDC for a different title (in my previous company), but I was present at the PlanetSide 2 conference.
Thank you for posting this, you have removed alot of trepidation about the release for alot of people
Old 2012-03-28, 07:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #120
Shogun
Contributor
General

great news!

and after looking up your name i found your xing entry. looks really legit, so you will get a vip tag pretty soon when hamma is on, i suppose

thanks for answering some questions! the 2 most important ones you have already answered. that was beta and launch-servers lock.

another question is, if we europeans will have to use a pro7 account or if our old soe station account will be usable.
because we veterans are proud of our veteran status and since there was talk of some veteran-items or customisations, we don´t want to lose the opportunity to be recognized by the game as vets

Last edited by Shogun; 2012-03-28 at 07:09 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion