Do you want enter/exit vehicle animations? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: WARHORSE!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want enter/exit vehicle animations?
Yay 398 80.73%
Nay 95 19.27%
Voters: 493. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-25, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Wayside
Contributor
Corporal

Re: Do you want enter/exit vehicle animations?

Originally Posted by Sifer2 View Post
For those saying first person animations. You realize that just doubles their work? Since they have to the do the third person animation anyway for people who are watching you get in. Unless your guy is just going to oddly stand there for a few seconds then teleport in. First person animation would be cooler if they had the time but I would be satisfied with third person too.

Anyway yes I would love to see the animations return. And have instant seat swapping removed. I think they should implement them slowly over time after launch. Start with the Tanks. Then the Transports. Then the Jets.
Actually that depends on how they're handing the first person view. If the first person view is simply a camera floating inside the face of the player models, you're not talking about two separate sets of animations. Just one.

I haven't seen them comment on this part of the engine though.
Old 2012-06-25, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Kyros
Corporal

The amount of time it would take to do them isn't really a big worry for me if they're going to be added in later on. It's not like I'm asking them to be added immediately or anything. I'd much rather have them work on the more important stuff first. The animations are something I'd LOVE to see, but they are not by any means a priority.
Old 2012-06-25, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Vamoozi
Private

Well, it will extend the developing time, unless if they add it at a later patch.

For some vehicles it will be hard, but for the Flash ATV it would be REALLY easy.
Old 2012-06-25, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Wayside
Contributor
Corporal

Originally Posted by Kyros View Post
The amount of time it would take to do them isn't really a big worry for me if they're going to be added in later on. It's not like I'm asking them to be added immediately or anything. I'd much rather have them work on the more important stuff first. The animations are something I'd LOVE to see, but they are not by any means a priority.
Certainly a good point to raise whenever this conversation creeps up. Might go without saying, but still important. People on both sides of this argument understand that the devs have more pressing development commitments to contend with at this stage in the game.

I think the sense of urgency people have comes from a feeling that the feature isn't even planned. At all. There's no established roadmap for if or when this will be added. It seems to be something Higby is willing to do only "If the entire community cries out in one unified voice, while standing out in the streets holding hands and launching fireworks and the planets align and..."

Last edited by Wayside; 2012-06-25 at 03:12 PM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-25, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

Originally Posted by Wayside View Post
Certainly a good point to raise whenever this conversation creeps up. Might go without saying, but still important. People on both sides of this argument understand that the devs have more pressing development commitments to contend with at this stage in the game.

I think the sense of urgency people have is that it appears the feature isn't even planned. At all. There's no established roadmap for if or when this will be added. It seems to be something Higby is willing to do only "If the entire community cries out in one unified voice, while standing out in the streets holding hands and launching fireworks and the planets align and..."
We absolutely want folks feedback on it and as Higby has stated, it's not completely out of the question in the future. At this point and time it's a safe bet you will not see it in at launch. We'll obviously let everyone know if that changes.
Old 2012-06-25, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Kyros
Corporal

It seems to be something Higby is willing to do only "If the entire community cries out in one unified voice, while standing out in the streets holding hands and launching fireworks and the planets align and..."
Which is part of why I made this thread, it is my feeble attempt at going "HEY! Hey Higby! Look! We want things! Can we have them please?"
Old 2012-06-25, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Wayside
Contributor
Corporal

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
We absolutely want folks feedback on it and as Higby has stated, it's not completely out of the question in the future. At this point and time it's a safe bet you will not see it in at launch. We'll obviously let everyone know if that changes.
Dig it.

I don't think anyone is truly expecting it for launch at this point. I'd expect most people don't even want it at launch if its going to compromise work on the core game.

But we do continue to want it. Some day. :P

Last edited by Wayside; 2012-06-25 at 03:19 PM.
Old 2012-06-25, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

No, dont need that, you only get Headshots during this :P
Old 2012-06-25, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Trevellian
Private

I feel like the enter/exit vehicle animations are almost a requirement to make this a true Planetside sequel.

That and It's absolutely freaking obnoxious in Battlefield when you start to shoot someone and they magically appear in their tank they were repairing and shoot you in the face with a tank shell.

There is no strategy to finding a place to land a damaged liberator/tank and get out and repair if you can just have one person pop out, repair and pop back in without much threat of dieing.

It most certainly takes away from the immersion. I am 100% fully behind entrande/exit animations. They need to be in there.
Old 2012-06-25, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Tulka
Private

absolutely! this is what made PS1 great, having to make a choice of staying the vehicle or try to get out soon enough to run away and such.

Please PlanetSide shy away from the BF3 baddies!
Old 2012-06-25, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Kyros
Corporal

Dig it.

I don't think anyone is truly expecting it for launch at this point. I'd expect most people don't even want it at launch if its going to compromise work on the core game.

But we do continue to want it. Some day. :P
Precisely. We know you guys are busy and have a lot to work with right now. I'm not really considered with the 'when' of it all. In fact I'd rather see the weather system before vehicle animations. I think all we really want is for someone to just say "Sure, we'll add those, but not right now."
Old 2012-06-25, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Sifer2 View Post
Anyway yes I would love to see the animations return. And have instant seat swapping removed. I think they should implement them slowly over time after launch. Start with the Tanks. Then the Transports. Then the Jets.
I'd say do the transports first. Everybody uses transports, either as a driver or a passenger...

Also, I think the transports are probably the most impactful; they're the disembarkation animations you see in-combat the most.
Old 2012-06-25, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Flisher
Private

Instant in/out of vehicule or hotseat switch from driver to gunner are a no-no for me.

Hotseat switch from gunner/passenger make sense in some vehicule...
Old 2012-06-25, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

Enter/exit animations should only be put in the game if I can snipe your ass while you are getting in/out of the vehicle. Was annoying as hell in PS1 to be shooting someone only for them to become invincible for the two seconds while they loaded.
Old 2012-06-25, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Kyros
Corporal

Originally Posted by TheRagingGerbil View Post
Enter/exit animations should only be put in the game if I can snipe your ass while you are getting in/out of the vehicle. Was annoying as hell in PS1 to be shooting someone only for them to become invincible for the two seconds while they loaded.
That's a whole nother debate in itself which would probably be discussed after [and if] the animations are confirmed in the first place. Personally I'm ok with it, though i know a lot of people would complain.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion