Be Less Derp - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: My other girlfriend is your mom.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-11-26, 11:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant

Be Less Derp

Having fun making these - got a nod from Tramell twice and Margaret Krohn (both Sony PS2 developers) subscribed which is kinda cool. I haven't made videos like these before so hopefully some will find stuff useful. Now excuse me as my outfit leader is about to slap me with a fish for every attempt at humor...

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8

Part 9

Part 10

Part 11

Part 12

Part 13

Part 14

Part 15

Part 16

Part 17

Part 18

Part 19

Part 20

Part 21

Part 22

Part 23

Part 24

I will update the forum as I go - the wife just finished watching me make the third one to see how these are made and had a hard time keeping the laughter in while recording, which I guess is a good sign... maybe.

Last edited by Jaybonaut; 2014-10-16 at 08:22 PM.
Old 2012-11-27, 12:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Re: Be Less Derp

Videos like this are handy for new players, especially considering how the tutorial just sort of drops you into the middle of things. Literally.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2012-11-27, 12:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Electrofreak View Post
Videos like this are handy for new players, especially considering how the tutorial just sort of drops you into the middle of things. Literally.
Yeah - I like that Sony's channel has some too, but hopefully these are still appealing.
Old 2012-11-27, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant

Oh dang, maybe I should have had this in the new player questions section. If a mod wants to move it, feel free.
Old 2012-11-27, 03:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Shogun
Contributor
General

those are pretty informative! keep them coming!

not only for noobs!

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-11-27, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
those are pretty informative! keep them coming!

not only for noobs!
I'll try, and thanks for the compliments! If you see anything that should be included in a future update, let me know.
Old 2012-11-29, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant

I may work on another one tonight, but I've got so much to do for tomorrow (company coming) and also I HAVE to be at the final night of City of Heroes' existence, a game that is very near and dear to me.

If you have any tips you would like included in the next one, I'll be happy to put it in and give credit.
Old 2012-12-01, 09:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Juryrig
Master Sergeant

Just watched these through, informative and amusing - thank you!

Originally Posted by Jaybonaut View Post
also I HAVE to be at the final night of City of Heroes' existence, a game that is very near and dear to me.
Did you ever also dabble in Champions online? Your Avatar/name seems vaguely familiar....
Old 2012-12-01, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

Q! Not the james bond guy... not the STTNG god, the key. Right next to "werty".

While pointing at a nearby (200-ish meters?) it lets folks near you know they're there by pointing those spiffy red triangles over the bad guys heads/vehicles.

If you press and hold on a friendly, it'll give you this great radial menu with options like "tell", "mute", and "DROOLING MORON! HOLD STILL SO I CAN HELP YOU!".

If an enemy you spotted is killed, you get a small XP bonus. You can also see an enemy's health if they've been spotted and you aim at them.

Enemy vehicles start off spotted when in range UNLESS they equip a stealth defense module, when they must be spotted manually.

There are plans on the board (or so I'm told) to make Infiltrator spotting Better in some way than the usual stuff. How exactly remains to be seen.

------

Middle mouse button: In any vehicle, middle mouse will let you free look around.

Liberators & free look: The pilot's GUN tracks with their view. Check Checkers and Dischem Specials. It has about the same field of fire/view as an ATV, but some is better than none.

(Pro Tip: Land a liberator on a biolab pad aimed at the entrance and you can be pretty sure no one will survive attempting to come out as you MOW WHEAT!
Old 2012-12-01, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Juryrig View Post
Just watched these through, informative and amusing - thank you!

Did you ever also dabble in Champions online? Your Avatar/name seems vaguely familiar....
Thanks a bunch for the compliments! These things take hours to edit so I appreciate it.

I played Champions a little bit when it launched, for about 3 months. It sadly doesn't compare. HOWEVER... the two main 'powers devs' that have been making all the awesomeness in CoH for the last few years have both gone over to Star Trek Online, also made by Cryptic, so I may just have to check that game out sometime.

Flint Eastwood was my main character on the Youtube channel - and I also played a version of him in Champions for that little while.
Old 2012-12-01, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by NapalmEnima View Post
Q! Not the james bond guy... not the STTNG god, the key. Right next to "werty".

While pointing at a nearby (200-ish meters?) it lets folks near you know they're there by pointing those spiffy red triangles over the bad guys heads/vehicles.

If you press and hold on a friendly, it'll give you this great radial menu with options like "tell", "mute", and "DROOLING MORON! HOLD STILL SO I CAN HELP YOU!".

If an enemy you spotted is killed, you get a small XP bonus. You can also see an enemy's health if they've been spotted and you aim at them.

Enemy vehicles start off spotted when in range UNLESS they equip a stealth defense module, when they must be spotted manually.

There are plans on the board (or so I'm told) to make Infiltrator spotting Better in some way than the usual stuff. How exactly remains to be seen.

------

Middle mouse button: In any vehicle, middle mouse will let you free look around.

Liberators & free look: The pilot's GUN tracks with their view. It has about the same field of fire/view as an ATV, but some is better than none.

(Pro Tip: Land a liberator on a biolab pad aimed at the entrance and you can be pretty sure no one will survive attempting to come out as you MOW WHEAT!
Awesome - I will remember this for a future one!
Old 2012-12-01, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant

Part 4 is up - I updated the OP.
Old 2012-12-01, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant

Also Napalm, love the name man.
Old 2012-12-08, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant

Willyalookatthat part 5 is live and stuff - I even poked at it with a stick.

I updated the OP with it.
Old 2012-12-08, 11:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant

Forgot to mention: I gave you credit Napalm!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion