The sniper nerf. - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I dont have anything clean enough to contribute. -Hamma
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-11-28, 06:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Snoopy
Sergeant

Re: The sniper nerf.

I'd rather we just get rid of heavies
Old 2013-11-28, 08:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
OCNSethy
Major

I suspect its going to get harder for people to find a niche in this game if this type of trend continues.

We have seen it for the flyguys, the tankers and now they are starting on the footslogers. Its getting to the point where the classes are devolving into a CQC mishmash.

Granted, I am bias. I do like to play both sniper and SMG infil but I do resent that my options for play style is being reduced further by this proposed nerf.

If I want to play a slow, cat and mouse game why cant I? Sometimes, I just cant be assed doing anything else.

I dont see the need to dicate that I have to play a shottie in the face, once more into the breech, charge of the light bridage style session everytime I log in.

Just leave it SOE. I would like to play the game in a way that is enjoyable for me, not someone else's idea of a fun time.
Old 2013-11-29, 01:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by OCNSethy View Post
I suspect its going to get harder for people to find a niche in this game if this type of trend continues.

We have seen it for the flyguys, the tankers and now they are starting on the footslogers. Its getting to the point where the classes are devolving into a CQC mishmash.

Granted, I am bias. I do like to play both sniper and SMG infil but I do resent that my options for play style is being reduced further by this proposed nerf.

If I want to play a slow, cat and mouse game why cant I? Sometimes, I just cant be assed doing anything else.

I dont see the need to dicate that I have to play a shottie in the face, once more into the breech, charge of the light bridage style session everytime I log in.

Just leave it SOE. I would like to play the game in a way that is enjoyable for me, not someone else's idea of a fun time.
What he said.

Last edited by Taramafor; 2013-11-29 at 01:04 AM.
Old 2013-11-29, 01:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
almalino
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Taramafor View Post
What he said.
May be they are preparing to introduce completely new class - sniper ? Along with Infiltrator as a close combat class
Old 2013-11-29, 02:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
OCNSethy
Major

Originally Posted by almalino View Post
May be they are preparing to introduce completely new class - sniper ? Along with Infiltrator as a close combat class
I would welcome that. Diversity seems to be a little loved concept in this game.

Don't get me wrong, I have played this game for a year... That's unheard of for me to have a game capture my interest and imagination for so long. I would just like to have that enjoyment continue.
Old 2013-11-29, 07:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Plaqueis
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by almalino View Post
Yes please.

Just a thought that came to my mind; if theres 1 thing i'd change in the current infiltrator, it's the turret hacking. There's pretty much nothing i hate more than getting 'shot in the back' near a friendly base and losing a tank/plane (and with it the resources)... it just feels 'cheap'. Then again, dropping a mine behind the turret and then re-hacking it makes me chuckle every time..

Last edited by Plaqueis; 2013-11-29 at 07:21 AM.
Old 2013-11-30, 09:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
It is a problem because they have the best weapons for long and short range along with stealth to make them even more deadly. Hell I'd happily give up the use of rockets and the shield on my heavy to get stealth its an amazing tool.
So you would give up all the reasons to use a Heavy to gain all the reasons to play an Infil... why not just play an Infil?

Short range Infils have nothing to do with snipers. The two are antithesis of each other.

Old 2013-12-02, 11:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Wahooo
Captain

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
So you would give up all the reasons to use a Heavy to gain all the reasons to play an Infil... why not just play an Infil?
That's some Barney logic right there.
Old 2013-12-05, 12:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
TheAadvark
Corporal

SOE's approach to balancing is for the most part brain dead. For example for MAX Balancing, it took Chewy on PSU to present clear concise facts on the ability and kill statistics of each MAX and then have a good long discussion on the merits and demerits of each. SOE Dev's for planetside 2 at least just seem very amateur in their application of anything. They seem too impulsive at least in balancing.

It's been really frustrating and tiring to keep supporting this game, and the fact is when I want to get my FPS fix there really isn't anything else except PS2 (even after buying BF4). Just so tired.

Last edited by TheAadvark; 2013-12-05 at 12:36 AM.
Old 2013-12-05, 03:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

Natural Selection 2 is currently in the Humble Bundle
Old 2013-12-05, 05:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Ertwin
Staff Sergeant

Honestly, what is wrong with taking more than two shots to kill a target? Grab a buddy, and focus fire. It's a giant war effort, you're part of an army, there's no need for you to kill in one hit.

If you want to lone wolf, aim for the injured people. Presumably wherever you're sniping, there are others around who can finish off anyone you hit, and vice versa.
Old 2013-12-05, 06:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Ertwin View Post
Honestly, what is wrong with taking more than two shots to kill a target?.
Thanks for your input, it is really appreciated.
Old 2013-12-05, 07:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

You hold a gun to someones head, pull the trigger, they die. Sad day for you but that's war.

This is a video game and this is war, There is a degree of tolerance that must be maintained concerning realism and what is practical for balance. I don't believe the headshot kill damage on a BASR range limit solves this supposed problem concerning how little the sniper actually makes a difference

The games famed tolerance is 600 players per facility, 2000 per faction, 6000 per server. Do you think it's reasonable to encourage and pack 600 players in a single zone, each pushing for objective points and not have to a degree some form of OHK weapon to thin the horde?

Or should we have 600 players all pushing one objective, each one 3-10 shots or more to kill, each one able to instantly revive full health via medic on the spot, each one able to instantly respawn and back to pushing the position in 10 seconds of spawning?

Without OHK weapons those long frustrating sieges stagnate, Thus why vehicles, Shotguns, C4, and other weapons exist to OHK and break the siege with epic charges.

When compared to more devestating OHK weapons, the single shot bolt-action sniper rifle barely scratches the battlefield unlike a Shotgun with extended clip that can wipe entire rooms, C4 that kills multiple squads with a single brick, AI mines that you never see until it's to late and more.

I really want to know the daily kill stats for Rams 50, Longshot, and the Parralax compared to daily shot gun and C4 kills.

Last edited by HereticusXZ; 2013-12-05 at 07:05 AM.
Old 2013-12-05, 07:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
almalino
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by HereticusXZ View Post
I really want to know the daily kill stats for Rams 50, Longshot, and the Parralax compared to daily shot gun and C4 kills.
Very well said and stats would be nice indeed.
Old 2013-12-05, 09:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
Plaqueis
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by HereticusXZ View Post
When compared to more devestating OHK weapons, the single shot bolt-action sniper rifle barely scratches the battlefield unlike a Shotgun with extended clip that can wipe entire rooms, C4 that kills multiple squads with a single brick, AI mines that you never see until it's to late and more.

Hush about the AI mines, they just gonna nerf them next now...

I also would like to see those stats.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion