[VC] Our best fight so far on Miller : Indar Alert 02/05/13 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Drive like you stole it!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Miller (EU)

Old 2013-05-03, 09:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Stanis
Master Sergeant

[VC] Our best fight so far on Miller : Indar Alert 02/05/13

I'm writing this because the alert on Indar last night goes down as one of my best experiences in Planetside 2 so far.

The queue to get on to Indar at the start of the Alert was over 30 for members.
Populations were equal at 33%

EU Miller, Indar Alert, May 2nd 2013

[VC] Vanu Corp had 2 squads in a pretty much full platoon with [ISK] Immortal Serial Killers.
There was also a squad of the [UBAD] guys following our movements via Teamspeak.

At the start of the alert we were in the East.
I joined the platoon with Ruvan leading our two squads in a hold/push from NS Offices to Rashnu Tower.
I took control of Delta squad and when we moved to Indar Excavation PL role for the [VC] squads.
[VC] had two squads in the East, [ISK] had two squads in the west.

The East, specifically Indar Excavation came under heavy and increasing attack. We grouped the full platoon at Indar Excavation in response.

Indar Comm Array

At some point [VC] did attempt to capture Indar Comm Array (ICA)
This was not a successful action, in the sense we failed to retake the base.
However a small force assaulting ICA kept an enemy platoon tied up there.
Throughout the alert we noticed a small force kept ICA under pressure.

From this action I would note that we managed to hack out several sunderers and deployed them on a slope.
Even though we benefited from the night, the uphill push was a terrible location.
We do not expect success against an enemy prepared to defend. They can hunt sunderers very effectively from the top of the hill.

Let us move on to the highlights of the event.

Indar Excavation

At Indar excavation, we spawned at a base being heavily pressed by NC.
Teams broke out Sunderer hunting - LA jumping from the landing pads being very effective.
We cleared the points and then started to press the enemy out of the base itself.

With the enemy between us and Quartz Ridge with many Sunderers behind cover we formed up a squad of Lightnings.
These grouped north of Indar excavation and then broke out from the base, pushed south east and rolled into the flank of enemy forces.

This was massively effective. Enemy armour had been dealt with by our infantry. The remaining vehicles were sunderers in cover providing infantry spawns.
NC Infantry that was engaged in an Infantry battle.

A quick decisive strike was effective before they could rearm to engage us - or respawn ready.
With both their line and spawns broken NC forces were mopped up quickly.

We took the lightnings plus flashes, couple of sunderers and magriders and rolled armour across the NW.
Pushing into Coramed we discovered NC ([JNJ]?) with a Sunderer behind rocks near the base and a footzerg coming down the hills from Indar Comm Array.
Really bad timing for them.

Connery was mostly secure by the time we arrived, however there was a mad dash to Camp Connery then a return via Alkali Mining to the west.

Indar Excavation 2

The ISK squads had requested assistance back at IE.
[VC] had a couple of sunderers, the lightning squad down a few lightnings, up a couple of magriders with at least one liberator in the air.

Our situation report was an enemy armour column at the Platoon way point.
We rolled a scout up to the flats near Coramed to see a mixed force of NC armour between the bases.
We formed up and rolled into position to create a firing line across the flats.

Long range fire engaged enemy armour. We were able to focus fire and pull back easily for repairs.
With NC armour rapidly withdrawing we pursued briefly.

NC had assembled many sunderers near IE. Only one was deployed but maybe 8 vehicles were tightly packed behind buildings.
We regrouped and moved to engage with our armour. The area was best described as an ants nest of NC pouring out and around their spawn.

With enemy infantry covering all approaches our anticipated life expectancy was low.
Having time for only a few shots we engaged any enemy clusters and the most visible sunderers. At least two were destroyed.
We pushed in on foot a couple of times, their spawn had been taken out and were mopped up.

There was an intense fight to hunt down sunderers and retake capture points.
Several flights of LA jump jetted down to C to first push out the enemy and then hold the point.
Friendly sunderers were bought in from <base to the north> as Indar Excavation & Coramed were under direct pressure.

With the base secured after intense fighting we once again pulled out the lightning team.
The goal was to push into the west flank and drive diagonally towards Quartz Ridge.

The VS attack was pushing the NC infantry back and we assisted clearing up pockets.

The Rock.

There are several rock outcroppings between IE and QR.
With our available armour told to push we bought a Sunderer and held our chosen Rock with a strong AA and AV position.
For about 30 minutes we then held and prevented NC forces gaining a foothold at Indar Excavation.

The ISK squads hacked south from Dahaka taking Indar Comm Array and other TVA platoons re secured territories in the north so that we held our line across the northern half of the map and pushed territories to the south.

Numerous armour and small groups attempted to get past us. But time and again when an update on our position was requested we were able to report that we are holding steady, position and base secure.

The attempts to break out with heavier armour and sunderers was met with lancer and AV fire. They didn't stand much hope of breaking out.

Retaking the Rock
The rapid dashes by flash and harasser were far more successful in reaching our lines. A couple of harassers did manage it and a replacement Sunderer was needed a few times.
Notably an infantry dash assisted by flashes timed well with a couple of harassers got our Sunderer down, and our position overrun. The NC took our rock!

This was rectified by combined arms pushing back into the point and a nearly suicidal Sunderer push as we crashed back into our rock and re secured the area.

Alert. Victory.
With less than 10 minutes to go ISK had a hack on NS Secure Data Labs.
With two squads in place and only a few minutes left on the timer we were concerned about a strong NC re secure attempt.
We left our rock to deploy at NS Secure Data Labs.

Any NC were already overwhelmed. No platoon came to re secure.
The base was captured literally the second before the end of the alert.

Bringing us a Victory at 40%+ territory control on Indar against NC and TR forces that earlier had pushed almost to our warpgate.

Thanks to ISK for the platoon.
UBAD for the additional squad in support.

The other TVA platoons on Indar for holding the centre and pushing the west.

Find [VC] at http://www.vanucorp.co.uk

VS on Miller can find us and our allies at http://www.thevanuaccord.com
Old 2013-05-03, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: [VC] Our best fight so far on Miller : Indar Alert 02/05/13

I dunno about the Indar alert but y'all were doing my head in this morning on the Amerish alert, well played!
Some really great fights over the last couple days

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-05-05, 09:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Go home Team..... Go Vanu Alliance ..... !!!!

Not trying to be antagonising, but I like how the TR captured Indar for 3-4 days, and were bleeting on about it on the forums for god knows how long, then, we hold indar for last 4-5 weeks ? and not a pip.....

Just trying to emphasize the differences in mentality of players.

Last edited by Thunderhawk; 2013-05-05 at 09:38 AM.
Old 2013-05-05, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Thunderhawk View Post
Go home Team..... Go Vanu Alliance ..... !!!!

Not trying to be antagonising, but I like how the TR captured Indar for 3-4 days, and were bleeting on about it on the forums for god knows how long, then, we hold indar for last 4-5 weeks ? and not a pip.....

Just trying to emphasize the differences in mentality of players.
Hax!

Old 2013-05-05, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Gimpylung
Master Sergeant

bpostal wants to switch to Vanu, I can see it in his eyes. But Jeff will be raging and never talk to him again so he'll never do it
Old 2013-05-06, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Psh, I'd never go VS...

<3

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Miller (EU)