'Unfair' or 'Overpowered' weapons. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Ever wonder what the speed of lightning would be if it didn't zigzag? Now we know, 80mph.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-02, 02:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Crono
Second Lieutenant

'Unfair' or 'Overpowered' weapons.

I've seen quite a lot carping lately about some empire's weapons being TOO powerful (or at least more powerful than theirs). Oddly, most of the players who have been saying this are NC and Vanu. Even more odd, is that I am starting to collect Gausses and Pulsars, for the sheer reason of them being (to me) much better than the Cycler. I suppose the same applies for all empire specific weapons. My point is that no weapons (except the Jackhammer... Hehe) are more powerful than others... It just seems like that because of miscellaneous reasons.

Last edited by Crono; 2003-06-02 at 02:24 AM.
Old 2003-06-02, 02:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

In my opinion, each empire has a strong point. The TR have the maxes. The NC have the Jackhammer and Vanguard. I am not shure what the VS's is, but I havent looked into it much. SO, my point is that if one wmpire has better say, anti veh weaponry, than the other has better tanks to match it.
Old 2003-06-02, 02:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
�io
Lieutenant General

Dunno, i know that i find the jackhammer and phoenix to be the most attractive to me but i'm sure the VS and TR guns are pretty cool too. I like the lasher. Others meh, hate the stupid Cycler, that thing is only good upclose and i'd rather use sweeper in that case.
Old 2003-06-02, 02:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
TheAngelOfWar
Sergeant

hte lasher and lancer are quite annoying. especially when that one sob in reinforced armor has em both. he takes out both of your squad's max's as you approach, then spams the lasher into your group as you try to take cover.

as for complaints against TR max's: if you cant destroy an anchored max, you suck. the only real exception is pounders in a tower. then yes you got screwed.

btw,: NC has the best stealth assasin weapon as well: mag scatter. it only holds 6 shots, but i dont recall ever needing more than 4, even on a reinforced.
Old 2003-06-02, 02:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Jaged
I am not shure what the VS's is,

Style?

The VS don't really have anything that stands out from what i see/remember, i do know the VS AA MAX is killer as is the magrider.
Old 2003-06-02, 02:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by TheAngelOfWar
hte lasher and lancer are quite annoying. especially when that one sob in reinforced armor has em both. he takes out both of your squad's max's as you approach, then spams the lasher into your group as you try to take cover.

as for complaints against TR max's: if you cant destroy an anchored max, you suck. the only real exception is pounders in a tower. then yes you got screwed.

btw,: NC has the best stealth assasin weapon as well: mag scatter. it only holds 6 shots, but i dont recall ever needing more than 4, even on a reinforced.

Except the part about TR MAXs, i know that i used to be a very dangerous guy with an anchored DC, the thing is to not anchor everytime you see a guy, make sure you anchor at the right time and at the right spot and don't be afraid to take the few secs to unanchor if you think you'll be flanked soon.
Old 2003-06-02, 02:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Heh, heh. I thought you were a vanu dio. When did you change to the not so dark side?
Old 2003-06-02, 02:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
�io
Lieutenant General

Changed from VS to undecided about 2nd week into beta, then to NC(well mostly NC ) in like the 2nd week before end of beta.
Old 2003-06-02, 02:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

But your thingy under your name says TR. Are you TR or NC?
Old 2003-06-02, 05:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Led

The jackhammer is a fricking glorified sweeper shotgun Why can people never see beyond that?

I mean, come on. Some idiot vanu trying to off me with a lancer within shotgun range tonight spent at least ten minutes bitching me out for my 'overpowered weapon'. There is a difference between 'overpowered' and 'you are just stupid'.
Old 2003-06-02, 05:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

The jackhammer is a fricking glorified sweeper shotgun Why can people never see beyond that?
Might have something to do with the fact that the Jackhammer kills in about two hits, and that a Jackhammer user can easily take out three Reinforced guys in close quarters when used by absolutely anyone, which the Sweeper can not not.

As for the Vanu, the only weapons I ever see them with are Sweepers, Lancers, Rocklets, Bolt Driver, an occassional Thumper, and Lashers. I fought for a few hours last night against the Vanu, and I only saw the Pulsar once. Everyone else was using one of the above weapons (not including when they'd have a Surpressor, because they're low BR). Of those weapons, the Lasher and Lancer were by far the most common. Virtually all Vanu who weren't sniping with a Bolt Driver had Reinforced and were carrying both of these weapons. And, really, it makes a lot of sense, because the Lancer kicks ass after they buffed it in Beta, and the Lasher rocks too.
Old 2003-06-02, 06:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Led

Sweeper does the exact same damage. If not a little less. Both three shot reinforced.
Old 2003-06-02, 07:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Led

I mean, come on. Some idiot vanu trying to off me with a lancer within shotgun range tonight spent at least ten minutes bitching me out for my 'overpowered weapon'. There is a difference between 'overpowered' and 'you are just stupid'.
Why? cause i've never died in .5 seconds to a sweeper... the jackhammer is a insta boomstick of death inside and upclose tho.

Kinda the same whit rocklet up close, kinda a poor mans jackhammer hehe.

Anyways, as for what the VS have... alott of range, everyone there has the lancer... bitch getting close to the VS. They also have their deathstar aka magrider... floating orb of ramming death.
Old 2003-06-02, 07:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

Sweeper does the exact same damage. If not a little less. Both three shot reinforced.
Sweepers can't shoot off three shots damn near simultaneously tho.
Old 2003-06-02, 09:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Plato
Sergeant

The Jackhammer is pretty much instant death. On a couple of occasions it left me thinking I had been one shot killed by it at full or near full health. I guess the fact that it's only useful up close kinda balances it. I still think the mini chain gun sucks and it's pointless when you can you can have an accurate, fast firing rifle with a large clip and 4x scope- the cycler..

I've had experiences w/ maxes now. The pounder takes quite of a bit of skill to use effectively and it's a grief machine if you're not careful or if you're just plain unlucky w/ rookie friendlies about.

The dual-cycler max is great fun but you have to get the jump on enemies because the decimator will take you down quickly.

Think before you achor..always better to anchor down out of sight and move off quickly again when you're compromised and the enemy ducks behind cover..only takes a second to whip out an AV weapon and you'll be toast right quick..
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion