Is there no way to heal yourself? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Good thing this game isn't on Pluto.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-10-11, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Guppy
Private

Re: Is there no way to heal yourself?

Is there any way to heal as a MAX?
Old 2012-10-11, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Hamma
PSU Admin

Yes, with an engineer.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-10-11, 06:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Not an entire month ago, the forums were aflame with charges that MAXes were hideously overpowered - in part intrinsically, and in part because they could slaughter a dozen infantry and then refill their sizable health allocation instantly at any terminal.

I don't think the suggestion of MAX regen will fall on sympathetic ears.
Old 2012-10-12, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
You won't always have a medic/engineer nearby you in combat and maxes can't use healing devices or your infantry guy could be spec'd to carry spawn beacons or another tool needed for combat instead of a healing device.

Having medical terms just makes sense as they did in PS1
That's no different than being in a tank and not having an engie nearby - it's just part of the strategy your squad needs to take advantage of. This is a MMO game that is designed around roles. I realize for some reason being able to jump out and be a constant dealer of death until you get low on health before running back to a little station is appealing to you, but hopefully this will not happen for the sake of better gameplay.
Old 2012-10-12, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post
I could have sworn you could go to the terminal before and heal up but it doesn't seem to do that any more. It's so annoying, especially as a max unit because the health doesn't regen, as it costs resources I think it should regen like a vehicle.

Not medics ever heal, they just run straight past, I'm not sure if that is an issue with the UI not communicating I've got low health or what not. That said we definitely need to be able to heal ourselves at the base.

Also what is up with being killed as a max unit by an enemy tapping you with a vehicle? The guy just gave me the slightest touch and dead......... I was trying to get in close range away from his guns, just so dumb how much damage you take.
Welcome to what the game is like after cry babies get their way.
Old 2012-10-12, 04:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
EVILoHOMER
Major

I just don't get the advantage MAX Units have spending 200 resource which is as much as vehicles and being the most worse off....

- Infantry cost nothing and their shields regen.
- Vehicles cost around the same as a MAX (some more, some less) and yet vehicles auto regen, you can pilot them as an eng and repair and they're much stronger.

So why have MAX Units at all? They suck, they don't even have auto run like they did in Planetside so you cannot even move faster, infact you're the slowest thing in the game.
Old 2012-10-12, 07:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
Welcome to what the game is like after cry babies get their way.
They wern't properly balanced and too accessible to get, the current situation is a dev decision. Balancing goes in iterations: If they overnerfed, then they will Go back up a bit after in order to find the proper balance.

Mind, a PS2 Max has it easier than a PS1 max: ps1 max needed healer and engineer. Like every other infantry unit, but with more glue. Now infantry needs just a medic and MAXes just an engineer.

Btw, in defense of Canaris: a healing terminal is localized and therefore does not obsolete medics. Medics can revive and move along with troops. All a med term does is provide some self-sustainability. It can be done such that it takes more time to get to a term and heal, than it would take with other healing means.

Don't overreact to his suggestion and treat it fairly and consider just how few contexts it would be useful and on how many places it would be available.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion