Esamir = NC, Indar = TR and Amerish = Vanu? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where only 99.9% of us use JackHammers
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-10-12, 08:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
EVILoHOMER
Major

Esamir = NC, Indar = TR and Amerish = Vanu?

It's nothing to do with NC always owning Esamir or Amerish being Vanu's Home Cont on Planetside. However I think what I've seen so far is people rarely attack east to west or vice versa, normally it's just straight up or down the map. So NC are on their own o Esamir down south and TR are on their own up North on Indar. What I've seen on Indar at least is NC and Vanu tend to want to go north to fight TR.

Not sure what is going on with Esamir though, NC always seem to own it.
Old 2012-10-12, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Mavvvy
Corporal

Re: Esamir = NC, Indar = TR and Amerish = Vanu?

Any faction that holds the northern warpgate on indar has an advantage. Natural boundaries, and lack of cover make it killing ground for anyone who crosses into your territory. (Obviously that is moot if your server is imbalanced) As for esamir I'm not sure as I have only once been on when there were even sides. It's a shame because the fights were quality when they kicked off.

I can't wait for the patch that takes the focus off farming and back to fighting.

Last edited by Mavvvy; 2012-10-12 at 08:55 AM.
Old 2012-10-12, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

The word "farming" should have no place in planetside. I allways roll my eyes when i hear people saying it in-game.

Reminds me of the time when TR was warpgated on esamir (well, one of the many times lol). A lot of people were asking in "yell" why the remaining TR didn't simply log off, because there "is nothing to farm for them here".
People with such a mindset have obviously not understood what planetside is about: warfare and immersion.
The best time so far i had in PS2 was when we were being outnumbered and outgunned but managed to capture a single base outside the gate and held it for a couple of hours. I gained jack crap for that but not only was it a great time it also felt like victory to us to hold that one base despite the overwhelming enemy forces.

Edit: The dull ones in the enemy team were ofc bragging how they were "farming" us/resources - completely disregarding the shame we managed to put on them for not being able to warpgate us despite having like 80% population.

Last edited by Babyfark McGeez; 2012-10-12 at 01:41 PM.
Old 2012-10-12, 04:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Majik
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Babyfark McGeez View Post
The word "farming" should have no place in planetside. I allways roll my eyes when i hear people saying it in-game.
There are times when the word farming is appropriate. For instance, when Esamir has a bug that causes people to be spawned against their knowledge into the middle of the continent. What the Asshats camping that spot were doing for hours on end was an excellent example of farming.
Old 2012-10-12, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
EVILoHOMER
Major

I don't like how you currently gain stuff, right now you just camp a base after the enemy leaves until you fill a bar up and you gain loads.... just boring. It's basically Planetside's 15 min hack time without the hacking.

Tbh you should just gain as you achieve, you shouldn't gain for doing nothing and waiting around.
Old 2012-10-12, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Darkvenom
Private

Smile Re: Esamir = NC, Indar = TR and Amerish = Vanu?

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post
I don't like how you currently gain stuff, right now you just camp a base after the enemy leaves until you fill a bar up and you gain loads.... just boring. It's basically Planetside's 15 min hack time without the hacking.

Tbh you should just gain as you achieve, you shouldn't gain for doing nothing and waiting around.
I personally hate it too, they need to add levels to them like PS1 based on how long a person has been in that hex, how much fighting was done, how many enemies within the hex, etc. If one guy flips a capture point then dies it should not give everyone at that base full xp for capping it again. lol

Would love to see REK's again with sound effects for when players are hacking terms, control points, etc to add a new element to the game.
Old 2012-10-12, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Moondog
Private

Definitely plausible, though the only way to find out is to wait and see
Old 2012-10-12, 08:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by Babyfark McGeez View Post

Reminds me of the time when TR was warpgated on esamir (well, one of the many times lol). A lot of people were asking in "yell" why the remaining TR didn't simply log off, because there "is nothing to farm for them here".
People with such a mindset have obviously not understood what planetside is about: warfare and immersion.
The best time so far i had in PS2 was when we were being outnumbered and outgunned but managed to capture a single base outside the gate and held it for a couple of hours. I gained jack crap for that but not only was it a great time it also felt like victory to us to hold that one base despite the overwhelming enemy forces.

Edit: The dull ones in the enemy team were ofc bragging how they were "farming" us/resources - completely disregarding the shame we managed to put on them for not being able to warpgate us despite having like 80% population.
untill its changed the current system is really a punished system. if your warpgated you pretty much have nothing to do but sit and get killed. Im sure people wouldnt find it fun to be camped over and over. This will change once more conts are added so we have intercontinental warfare.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion