Which Base/Zone would you move if you could? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Best lil whorehouse on the web
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-28, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Assist
Contributor
Major

Which Base/Zone would you move if you could?

There's a lot of good bases in PS2, despite what is posted by some. There's some on each continent that I think are amazing, even though I despise Indar. For the main bases I love Nott Amp Station and the way it is designed. Although it is hard to defend, it is a blast to fight in for the offense and defense. But the best bases IMO are some of the ones with three capture points. If I had to rank the top three favorites I have right now they would be Splitpeak Pass, Howling Pass, and Glacier Station. The only issue I have is that Glacier Station is about the only one that gets consistent fights (at least on Waterson).

Splitpeak Pass I think is one of the best designed bases in the game, as it is made for infantry. Ground vehicles are just asking to get pounded if you're attacking it and air vehicles have to come up over the mountain, in plain view, in order to get a solid attack off. It caters to the defense for infantry fights, but there's ways to get around the top of the mountain to invade from multiple points of entry. My only issue with the base is where it is located, it's never used. If I could take that one plot of land, with the mountains and all around it, and place it somewhere that is more... used... that'd be amazing. Maybe put it in the area between Heyoka and Kwahtee, or somewhere on the east side of the center mountain. Right now, it's too far to the east but not a base that has to be taken to advance your army. You can bypass it to get to the Bio Labs, so no one really goes out of their way to attack/defend it.
Old 2013-03-28, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
PredatorFour
Major

Re: Which Base/Zone would you move if you could?

The crown needs to be completely annihilated into oblivion.
Old 2013-03-28, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
The crown needs to be completely annihilated into oblivion.
You mean moved into like north east Indar? Put it up by Saurva, always seems like a dead zone for ghost cappers on Waterson ;P

edit: I think the lattice system is going to essentially 'move' the Crown for us btw
Old 2013-03-28, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I'd move Saruva down to get some more play time with it, but that's about the only thing off the top of my head.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-03-28, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
PredatorFour
Major

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
You mean moved into like north east Indar? Put it up by Saurva, always seems like a dead zone for ghost cappers on Waterson ;P

edit: I think the lattice system is going to essentially 'move' the Crown for us btw
True, the lattice should make a big change. As for moving bases, tarwich is one of my faves but if that were moved with rashnu, it would be cool to light assault of the cliffs onto the pads.
Old 2013-03-28, 01:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Timealude
Captain

I would move Mao over to where Dahaka is currently or move all of them a bit further south to the dividing mountain range. I feel they are a bit to close to the northern warpgate to really have any real value, since for the tech plants if Mao is taken, you could just pull tanks from the warpgate and in like 3 minutes come back with a full tank column.

I feel that is one of the major problems with the north warpgate is all the bases are too close to it and so capturing them can be a huge pain and also make the defending empire not care as much when they are captured.

I honestly like Howling pass but I would add a hill or something so tanks couldnt shell the spawn room from the rear like they have been doing.

I also feel like we need more bases like the Crown and The stronghold but with a few tweaks. The Crown style base needs to have another road coming up the back end that isnt the goat trail or It should be lowered just a bit as to give attackers just a bit more of an advantage when it comes to assaulting it.

The Stronghold style base needs more cover from aircraft I feel. Not a 'shield' per say, but something that can protect a bit more from lib fire.

I know alot of these changes could take quite the few resources to make happen, but Im sure in my opinion they would help with Indar alot in defense as well as offensive forces. as well
Old 2013-03-28, 01:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Snoopy
Sergeant

I would just like to see more variety in room types. The copy/paste point rooms/towers/outposts/whatever is a bit boring. Same clearing techniques, etc, over and over...

I'd change Howling Pass - that base sucks. Something more along the lines of Quartz Ridge.

Last edited by Snoopy; 2013-03-28 at 01:26 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion